Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Well, at least I have an idea of what I'm in for considering this game was the only thing I could be assed to think of asking for for Christmas. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

"EAT YOUR loving TOAST!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

That's weird, though: the impression I got from that lore painting at the start was that Nifelheim was still very actively at war with the protagonists' country, King King the King's barrier was the only thing keeping them out, and Noctis was being sent to marry the princess of some neighboring third party kingdom. Not that they'd already gotten their asses whooped even with the barrier.

...There's going to be even more of this kind of contradictory stuff, isn't there.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Egh, I honestly feel the Lennon version doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Really, though:

WHY THE gently caress would you send out your son and his bodyguards without so much as some gas money for what's probably going to be one of the most important diplomatic functions in modern history (let alone one of the most important moments of his life)? Is King King really that much of a cheapass broke?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Speaking of, who else got in-game advertising, out of morbid curiosity? :v:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Again, though, this is something where the nation's continued existence hangs on Noel getting there in a timely manner... and some random hick is endangering countless people in his country in order to "teach the prince a lesson".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

JT Jag posted:

I'm just gonna say that Cid has a somewhat justified reason for why he's doing this beyond just spite. We won't find out for several episodes though.

Is it "AH NEEDED BOOZE MONEH!"?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Danaru posted:

Gladiolus looks like he's spitting mad game at Prompto in this shot

He's waiting for the perfect opportunity to devour those ellipses.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

This game is so weird. It feels like so many ideas got mashed together with no real thought for the overall cohesion of it. But the most bizarre part has to be how blatant and shameless the product placement gets.

Eh, it's kinda strung together so far, but I'd say it's not as bad as, say, the original Watch_Dogs, where it was really obvious that they mashed at least a few different scripts together with no thought for whether they were contradictory or not.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I don't think we can handle a pure alcohol diet yet.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is Prompto the new Zell?

He isn't running like he just poo poo his pants yet.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Bruceski posted:

If you had told Ignis you'll drive, you get manual control for a little bit until he says "hold off until you know the area better". If you tell him to drive you can't manual at all. In either case you get control back around chapter 3.

From playing the game myself the past day or so, you also get manual control at night, though it's at your own peril.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Also: if you're dashing and push the dash button again JUST as the meter is about to run out, it completely refills. Admittedly, it takes a bit to get used to the timing, but it'll save you MP for any random encounters you might face.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Or maybe Mass Effect 3?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Distant relative of Quiet's? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

And then it turned out to be an even stupider reason than what everyone thought it would be.

• Locked thread