Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Oh man, the reaction to the branding. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

Also, that Stand By Me cover was actually done by Florence + The Machine. For whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Something I think the game never tells you, is that R1 in the car changes the camera angle. You get like three levels of far/close and some weird off center interior view.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Do you get to see Cindy pull up in a tow truck and unleash the fanservice through the whole ordeal?

haha the king had to have his car towed what a rube

Yes.
That's why there's a really detailed tow truck sitting outside of Hammerhead.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Lunethex posted:

You need to paint those chocobos pink ASAP. I take it the whistle lets you rent a bird out in the wilderness or just call one you have rented?

Just call the ones you rented. If your rental period expires, you lose the ability to call the birds. There's an indicator for it in the top right though so it's not too easy to forget.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Lunethex posted:

Is there any reason to do races? Any good items to get or just customizations?

In the base game you get medals that increase the performance of your chocobo in strange, barely described, and barely noticeable ways.

So no.

But that's this entire game in a nutshell really.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

melodicwaffle posted:

The Cindy questline eventually leads to something that'll make the car faster I think. Her quests are generally worth doing. The best upgrade for speed is something you have to get in a different, much more annoying way, though, and that's not going to be for a long long time.

Please keep the mariachi outfit on forever until the power ranger DLC comes out.

Cindy's quest line is how you get the first car upgrade, that boosts the top speed up to a whopping sixty miles per hour, but even that is blocked off by story quest progression for a while. There's other stuff before it do that does miscellaneous things, and they're not very difficult quests.

Also I wanna say there's no actual gross waxing scene?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

The turtle wax makes the car faster. And gives it better gas mileage.

Somehow.

Just better gas mileage, and I think it keeps dirt off for longer or something?. There are only two speed upgrades in the game and they're not until way later.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

That was a super limited launch day only special product.

I bought it like three weeks after it came out on the bottom shelf at a Target.

Shinjobi posted:

Was it tasty? Refreshing?

It's Jones' Orange and Cream I'm pretty sure, but I bought it as a gag gift for my brother and he hasn't opened it so I have no idea.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Calihan posted:

To be fair, Kuvo is likely doing anything possible to stall the inevitable Persona 5 LP.

But Persona 5 is an actually fun game with somehow less bullshit and filler than this Mementos included :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Noctis' "strong aversion" to the crops is because he's a huge baby who hates vegetables. Genuinely.

There are multiple points in the movie where it's shown he doesn't eat vegetables.

ishikabibble fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 30, 2017

• Locked thread