Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Quay is an actual thing, it's basically a synonym for wharf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

And I expect the biggest one to remain unspoiled, so the crew gets to experience it blind when it shows up in a big way.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I feel kind of bad for getting kuvo hyped up for darts.

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 21, 2016

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Fedule posted:

This part is kinda weird. Kingsglaives explicitly are able to warp, but can't pull weapons from hammerspace. Noct's pals, meanwhile, can pull weapons from hammerspace (only two each though) but can't warp.

They warp if you use Ignis's Regroup skill.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

To unlock the ability to get more car colors, you need to buy that book of paint samples you looked at before.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That was a super limited launch day only special product.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm not sure if you've since learned this, but you have to equip those car parts you're getting on the car customization menu through Cindy.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The best part is that Kuvo quit just a second before the final planks were added to his total so he only got the prize for 30 and not 35.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

This game's battle system has problems but the Aranea fight looks great if you do it a certain way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjUpJ3F278k

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Just thought you'd want to know:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Also you weren't far from a camping spot on the volcano so you didn't have to straight up leave to wait for day.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I audibly said "oh no" when you went into that sewer. That is in no way a short or easy dungeon.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

...Wait, wasn't there supposed to be a boss there? I chose egg and remember fighting one...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Finally, story progression

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ardyn was making Noct see Prompto as Ardyn the moment the time stop thing happened, hence all "Why are you trying to hurt me, dude?" from Ardyn.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Kuvo posted:

that makes more sense but 1) the way prompto acts waking noctis up (at ~7:50) is out of character for someone who was just attacked and 2) the whole shoving sequence was still poorly edited

Once the time stop thing happens, Ardyn and Prompto are swapped. That was Ardyn pretending to be Prompto for his dumb trick. When Noct runs to the roof and sees Ardyn pointing a gun at a defenseless Prompto, it's actually Prompto pointing his gun (his weapon of choice in battle) at a pretending to be defenseless Ardyn, up until the shoving happens and Ardyn can drop the ruse. It is badly edited and silly, certainly, but that's FF15 in a nutshell.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Kuvo posted:

We might be recording again Soon™. Can someone give us a hopefully spoiler free heads up on the point of no return w/r/t sidequest stuff?

There isn't any. You can use the time dog even at the very end of the game to go back to the first continent.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Momomo posted:

The plot to that game made sense, it was just bad. They dance around it with lore, but the basic idea was just the gods wanting to die so they got some guys to kill them, along with everyone else. Everything else, like the war between cocoon and pulse was just pointless dressing.

To be fair, the end of the game does bring this plot together a little more coherently than it's looking right now, and there are even things I think aren't too bad. But yeah, it's a jumble as it stands now and all these updates somehow haven't helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FeyerbrandX posted:

So basically. Ardyn's whole deal is that he violated the union contract and did the Oracle's job instead of the King's job and got grieved to hell and back.

Yeah, he was the true king, decided to absorb the daemon plague into his body capable of it, and his punishment was to be cast aside and a new lineage crowned as the King.

• Locked thread