Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

sniper4625 posted:

I've got enough other games on my list at the moment that seeing it played scratches the itch for now. Maybe on a future sale.

Probably for the best, since Square has said they plan to update the game with more cutscenes and content to smooth over the story issues the game has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Drink every time you want to punch Prompto.

You'd never get drunk on this drinking game!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I definitely recommend getting a handle on elemancy at some point cause magic in this game is basically a tactical nuke you can deploy at will. It's a bit obtuse especially considering how it's completely unlike how magic worked in any previous entry, but it's very simple. You can draw ice/fire/lightning from spots on the map (usually clustered around campgrounds) and then put it into a magic flask in your elemancy menu. The more you put in the stronger the spell is, shown with potency, and you can add a regular item as a catalyst to add others effects (dual/tri/quint cast and so on are the best for pure damage). Then you just select craft and you can equip the spell in one of your weapon slots to use in a fight.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kuvo posted:

quoting these so i can remember them before we record next time

also i screwed around with the h264 encoding settings so this next batch of videos should look better

You're uploading to YT so that's not happening.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kuvo posted:

i wish it would explain this stuff to us

This game is second only to Platinum titles in actually explaining the drat mechanics. Thankfully you have around 40+ hours to figure them out!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Awesone posted:

Did you guys know that the former director Nomura after watching the "Les Miserables" movie wanted to make a musical out of this game?
Square Enix couldn't shoot him down fast enough.

I've heard that he came up with that fairly late into development, too. Nomura is a lovely director.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

The only thing that saved them from this happening is that I'm pretty sure that when a hunt is active, all other monsters in the designated area clear out.

They definitely coulda ran into something bad during their run back to town though.

This is definitely not the case considering I have been repeatedly ambushed by daemons (and other things) at night while on monster hunting quests.

Fedule posted:

You can have several missions at a time with only one being active, but only one Hunt on your list of missions.

The hunts thing is a bit of an odd case because the notion behind it is sound; hunts trigger enemy spawn changes of which some are mutually exclusive so it makes sense to only have one at a time. What is bullshit however, is that there is no central repository in a world in which there is a central hunting society.

Honestly hunts would also need to be changed more fundamentally in order to really be not annoying but there absolutely should be a way to know at all times what diners have what hunts available.

Best way I think would be having the monster hunt accepting list be a phone app (in-game I mean) but you get quests from the tipsters like you do the various other map locations. That way it keeps the tipsters relevant and worth visiting in that respect, while allowing you to accept and turn in the quests at will which is at close as you can get to accepting multiple quests considering the overlapping spawns.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

GeneX posted:

Cats are dogs without the affection or pack instincts

Cats are dogs but actually smart.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

dimenticon posted:

Really though, not seeing any good reason she's dressed as she is and was given that refueling scene other than the obvious, which isn't a good reason imo.

It's hot in the desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Med School posted:

Wish I would have known about the sheeps milk on my playthrough. I went the whole game without doing a "aga" spell.

That's what all the junk treasure you pick up is for. Lots of stuff gives multi-casts, even up to poo poo like quint-casting isn't hard to come across.

• Locked thread