Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Jesus Christ. Literally yesterday someone asked me if you guys were gonna stream or LP this game and I said no way, they'd never LP this weird-rear end game.

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Never not cook. I wanna see 100% completion of every recipe in this game.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Always make fun of Pompito, he's the moron everyone loves to hate.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Rarity posted:

This game is like Squeenix looked at all the Skyrims and the Witchers and the Fallouts that have come out this decade and realised that they needed to make their next RPG and open world so they did and they made it beautiful and completely missed the point by by populating that world with absolutely nothing worth doing.

oh no, spoilers

lovely~

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Either long or short episodes work for me in general, but long eps are more satisfying when you're mostly just dicking around.

This will probably be most of the episodes.

Edit: Also that obnoxious car paint is bangin and I'm putting in a request for using every ugly garish color on anything the game allows.

Kase moch fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 13, 2017

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

coleman francis posted:

I just realized all the gas pumps say they contain lead.

Explains some things

wait what

I never noticed that

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

coleman francis posted:

Naming that quest Interrupted by Fireworks while not being able to date a large African-American revolutionary with a gun arm is awful and someone should be fired.

Don't worry, the ffvii remake will beat that horse dead.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
The combat system always felt clunky and never really clicked for me. I get the rules, but it never got to the point of feeling natural.

One more mediocre aspect of a mediocre game.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Despite my disdain for this game, I'm really feeling cheated by all the stuff they've added since release. Where were you when I played, camera mode?! Where?!!

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I don't think this has been brought up yet, but Gladiolus is apparently named after the Gladiolus flower. Also known as the Sword Lilly.

Requesting you refer to him exclusively as Lilly from now on.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

topiKal posted:

Basically we've been trying to record with Mike as much as possible because it's more fun with all three of us.

This is a good idea. You guys are much goofier as a trio and goofiness is the only good response to this travesty of a game.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Huge let-down of a boss fight. Looked kind of cool for a second and then barely did anything.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
The pinball minigame is so bad I've never seen it written about anywhere or heard anyone talk about it unless they were in the middle of playing it. It appears to be entirely devoid of fun.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Lunethex posted:

Noctis is never getting married at this rate.

He's already in a 4-way bromance, what's he need a spouse for?

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Holy poo poo that catoblepas. Like a big dumb sheepdog getting bbed to death. :lol:

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
That whole stealth/base section is incredibly poorly designed. Like, even worse than normal for this game. It's both dull and too frantic, with unclear objectives. Such a pile of crap.

Semantics chat! As a kid I I was taught couple for two, few for three or four, and several for four, five, or six. Are there even official definitions, or are few and several just whatever anyone wants them to be?

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Stop killin' bees you monster! :argh:

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

why is there a castle in this fishing game

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Gorilla Salad posted:

The only time I want to see fishing in a game is if I can use explosives or guns to do it.

Still my favorite fishing minigame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnq_Dh3iBo

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
That loving Pompito dialogue was incredibly boring. I've heard people say the banter between the main characters is what's good about the game, but it's all so inane. Like it was written by a 10 year old.

Sounds like you are starting to realize what a boring travesty most sidequests are. I'm okay with you skipping a lot of them.

Also gently caress HOAs.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

darealkooky posted:

It's written as masturbation material, that's usually not very complicated.

I'm not sure who the audience is that could masturbate to this tripe.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
show us the picture of your cracked rim kuvo

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Boy the battles in this game sure aren't buggy at all are they

The saltiness is spreading

Edit: Last creme brulee I had was in Oregon and cost $8 and tasted like manna from heaven and now I want another one

Kase moch fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 9, 2017

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Railing Kill posted:

Holy poo poo how did I not find this earlier? I was a big Tipping 40's fan back in the day, and finding this thread a few days ago was a treat.

So I'm three episodes in and... this game sucks, huh? The combat system is a mess. Also, why do all of the party members wear the same (lack of) colors? You can't tell anyone apart when poo poo's really chaotic. The character designs in FFX were garish and stupid, but they were at least distinct.

This is a pretty bad game, yes. Many many poor design decisions were made and stuck with. And not even in an amusingly bad way like many of FFX's features, no, this game is just bad.

(Except for finding a new recipay.)

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Jesus christ fuckin Ignis literally inserting himself into the conversation

this game actually made me laugh and enjoy it for a moment, how can that be

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Jesus tapdancing christ, monster truck jumps make this game 200% more fun.

Which, to be honest, isn't that impressive when the game wasn't very fun to begin with.

But I'm still mad they add all these improvements long after release. Let's punish early players!

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I'm all for punishing companies that release unfinished games. Please tell me where to sign up to find out which games are unfinished when they release before I buy them.

Don't tell me game reviewers. This game was fellatiated by reviewers on release.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

coleman francis posted:

If they end up DLC'ing ff15 into a good game imma be mean mad

saaaaaame

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Gorilla Salad posted:

Less than one minute in and I think you've discovered the most useless upgrade in any video game ever. Use up you tech bar to have Prompto take more useless photos :negative:

The photos make us laugh; not much else does.

Except sweet jumps.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Great video. General bumbling, forgetting of controls, camera breaking, stuck in a tree, and Bandunk musical solos. :five:

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I know I bitch a lot about how bad this game is, but it's really bad. Mike's drunken incompetent nonsense was amusing compared to this garbage dlc. What has square come to.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

turtlecrunch posted:

This is some great lp. You guys are a lot of fun to listen to, even if this may not be your favorite mediocre game in the world. I don't really recall how far I got in the story when I played, nor do I care, but now I want to go back and try to catch that fish. 👍

It sounds like you may be new to these guys. If you're interested in more of their stuff they have a lot of back catalog.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Quite a dramatic reading of that cosmogony, Benson. You have a promising theatre career ahead of you.

Also gently caress yeah story progression :toot:

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Bethamphetamine posted:

And I don't know if anybody mentioned it to you guys - don't play Ignis' DLC. There are late game spoilers.

But really, how bad is a spoiler for an entirely nonsensical plot.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
They changed that boss fight? It looks exactly as garbage as it was on release.

Has there been a boss fight with good gameplay yet?

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I'll bet y'all thought this game was dull because they were doing so many sidequests. Nope, that's just the game. Even boss fights with giant sea monster goddesses are boring.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I've seen quite a few characters in these cutscenes and I barely understand the relationships between any of them, their motivations, or what most of their names are.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I find that if I have to read a ton of :words: just to understand the basics of the plot and what is happening onscreen in my visual mediums (let alone understanding the characters and their motivations), then the medium has failed to tell the story and it's not worth trying to understand it.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Kuvo posted:

Soooo, who's up for 30 more episodes of sidequests?!

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Y'all're pretty mad at this game, but y'all'd've been even madder if you played before the sweet monster truck jumps got put in.

• Locked thread