Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Just one note that you can go to the map and instantly warp back to either your car or the last place you rested. Makes getting around after finishing a quest much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Lunethex posted:

This game looks so weird to play. I played a couple Tales games back in the day and the later Star Ocean games and FF15 is aping them but it seems so clustered and claustrophobic. Having not played obviously I can't tell from most of the game seen thus far in the LP but it doesn't seem you can do much about enemies that attack you off-screen. There doesn't seem to be hitstun on any enemies and a lot of this seems left to chance. If someone who is good at this game is reading I am curious what the mechanics are to not getting hit a lot in this game.

Also god the world is really empty so far. Hope you get a method to move around faster later.

Basic idea is mostly spam circle with the appropriate weapon, hold square to block attacks, try to hit them from behind if possible. There is some hitstun (especially when you break enemies), but it varies between enemy types. It's not quite as tactical as Tales, although there are some enemy patterns you can identify (for instance, you can tell when horses are about to charge at you).

You can identify when weapons are advantageous if orange numbers are showing up when you hit them, and disadvantageous if the numbers are purple.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Danaru posted:

I refuse to believe Prompto is capable of keeping hotdogs out of his mouth long enough to pretend he's vegan

Is Prompto the new Zell?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

zxqv8 posted:

Does the party ever change, like ever, or is this just (insert boy band reference) for the next 110 episodes?

The core group doesn't change, bar a few temporary leavings here and there, but there are three guest characters that join for a limited period of time.

• Locked thread