Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, Incredibly key character is something that you should consider your antagonist and female lead to be.

I do hope that Episode Ardyn is literally "Troll the gently caress out of goobers"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

"BEHOLD, THE ULTIMATE MACHINE!"

"Wait, is Ultimate WEAPON hiding behind that robotic worm?"

"No, fool, this thing you call a worm is nothing less than perfection!"

"I mean, you made Diamond WEAPON, I'd have thought the ultimate thing would be... y'know more... ultimate."

At least we know where Prompto inherited his intellect.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Did they just literally rip off that Terror Worm somebody made in Besiege a couple of years ago? Because I challenge you all to look at this and tell me with a straight face that they didn't rip off that Terror Worm that somebody made in Besiege.

Challenge accep...phhhhhhhhht that totally is that thing just with more polygons and poo poo.

Well FF started with blatantly stealing D&D monsters so may as well blatantly steal anything.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

That is mostly completely accurate. The only thing to correct is that summons aren't triggered by plot (aside from when they are), but they're basically enabled by 3 things. 1 - everyone but Ramuh and maybe Shiva have to be in a relevant location or something. Leviathan won't show up in the middle of the desert. Titan.... I don't think I ever got him to show up besides plot trigger, but somehow he can I guess. Ramuh shows up wherever. 2 - triggered by danger mode, so the lower HP or more of your fool friends die and the more likely the trigger. And 3 - just... if the fight ends up going too long. Eventually the Gods get tired of how long their chosen king is stabbing wolves or bugs and decide to just end the loving fight lend aid to their champion.

Honestly I don't blame them for ever really getting it in the game. I know the stupid prompt is one of the shoulder bumpers and it never seems like it's happy with you holding it, or tapping it. So eventually I did one or the other and it would finally go.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I think the legit (at least, I thought about it for 20 seconds, which means 19 seconds more than squenix) reason for Ardyn wanting you to kill his dad is that he made that one giant doom weapon in the fmv where the empire wrecked poo poo up and killed King King Regis. That giant doom weapon was a weapon to surpass metal gear the magic barrier that was stronger than demons for ten thousand years. So if he made such a powerful thing, then that means he can make something stronger than the guy made of all the demons. So he got rid of that guy. The fact he can troll his dumb great great great nephew's dumbass friend into patricide instead of doing it himself was a bonus.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

You can change the ending

Kase moch posted:

As much fun as it has been to watch your suffering, it's time to put this dog down. Everyone here knows Ignis' DLC will add nothing to the story and only prolong our misery.

Not mutually exclusive.

And the spoiler part doesn't even change the game if you were to do it, its just an infuriating thing that makes you wish the game would have that option really in the base game.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

if you don't want to watch a video, I know of 2 endings. One you do the thing you're supposed to and allow things to go as the game did and Noct becomes a whiney bitch and Ignis is blinded. The other option is for Ignis to join Ardyn (?) immediately be teleported to Emperor Gollum's Floating Umbrella Lab (?) and then immediately betray him (?) and somehow everyone else has teleportation powers and get there and fight Ardyn. Then foiled, he runs away and Noct goes to the dumb crystal thing to visit Bahamut for 10 years. But since everyone knows he's doing it they're cool and know to be a dick to Ardyn until he comes back.

It'd have been cool if the actual game permits that, but no, we get Cupnoodle moron going to the parabolic time chamber by mistake and coming out after things go to poo poo over 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

goatface posted:

There was a lot of silly grunting.

I watched Koobes do it in his thread and I forgot about the silly grunting until just now. Yeah, definitely watch the video and jump to when you see Ignis put on the ring, that is worth the price of admission.

Not the price of the season pass. the price of freely watching that poo poo on youtube.

• Locked thread