Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What is even our current story goal at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sydin posted:

I disagree, Noctis is infuriating. You could argue it makes sense for sheltered, good for nothing teenager to be pretty :emo: given the situation, but the game does nothing with it. Rather than the plot serving as a vehicle for Noctis to grow in any way as a character, it's just been a never ending excuse for him brood because that's what Final Fantasy protagonists do. He's not as offensive as Squall or Lightning, but he's certainly up there.

Hey, at least Squall graduated to giving a poo poo at a point. Noctis has about as much personality as a flatlining grasshopper. I can't see Noctis shooting out into space for Luna's sake.

Bethamphetamine posted:

The current story goal is to fix the Royal Boat and sail to another continent to finally meet Noctis' fiancee.

Thank you, you're loving incredible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bethamphetamine posted:

Anytime you get lost, wait for the guys to open the quest log and then look for the mission with red text. That's the plot-advancing mission.

Holy suit, LP lifehacks too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

coleman francis posted:

I can't wait for the new party member DLC, Cup Noodle, to come out

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still can't believe they're pushing Noctis harder than Lightning.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DrakePegasus posted:

They’ve stated that they’re using XV as a testing ground for all the features they want to make standard in future mainline SE franchises.

I hope that includes Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MR. J posted:

The off-road car was something added probably after you quit playing. :v:

Just like playing as all the main characters will be! I wonder if Cid and Cindy will be added as well in future DLCs!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Teledahn posted:

We are to believe that this ship yacht wee motorboat has their monster-truck imperial chariot Regalia aboard?

Honestly, Final Fantasy is up there with like, Dragonball insofar as universes where storage is not a problem.

That said, it is kinda weird that we're carrying around a camping set, about 17 different weapons, potions, 9 different changes of clothes per party member, and cooking ingredients but the car is where we draw the line.

But at least you can't get over-encumbered.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sydin posted:

I mean if the goon squad was in any way likeable or interesting and the plot wasn't a complete loving mess the Ignis being blinded and group cohesion being torn apart thing might actually be a powerful moment both in story and gameplay. But instead Ignis got blinded off-screen with no explanation for the sake of cheap drama and nobody actually cares enough about these goobers to get invested in their slapfight.

It's weird to think that Resident Evil had more potent healing than Final Fantasy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't wait for the next DLC

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I remember when the nuttiest thing about this game was having the option to use a turret if you wanted to.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Its a shame we got this instead of Berseria. But at least you're doing a service of pointing out how much of a mess this game is. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sydin posted:

Honestly what might bug me the most about this whole ordeal is that you can tell the game really, really thinks the player is invested in the party and their friendship by the end of the game, but none of it was earned. Every important moment of characterization for them (and there aren't that many to go around!) either happened offscreen, or in separate spin-off DLC's. Remember when Gladio got his rear end kicked so hard he had to go on a quest to prove to himself he was worthy of protecting Noctis? Of course not, because it was all offscreen and as soon as Gladio came back nothing changed except now his model had some scars on it.

There was a genuine chance for this party to be both more interesting and yet also more grounded than the usual clown car of quirky morons you get in most FF parties, and it was completely squandered.

Night10194 posted:

Remember when Ignis went blind off-screen in something he never even talks about? And then it became his entire character until he totally got over it, also off screen?

Yeah, they've got to commit to one or the other. Either Final Fantasy is somehow less equipped to deal with injuries than Resident Evil and gouging someone's eyes out is a real big deal or that's just an issue till they can get them to a doctor but in the meantime soak a cloth with some Elixir so he stops thrashing around.

• Locked thread