Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh gently caress here we go, I was wondering when someone was going to inflict this on themselves. Long road ahead boys, and I hope whichever among you is driving brought something other than beer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Zenostein posted:

Except it's also a final fantasy game, so you can do batman takedowns from the rafters for like, 500 damage out of their 20000 health.

I wonder if any of them saw the "if you magically warp your rear end to a warping point, you get all your MP back" notice? Also, does it only work with the shortsword? It kinda looked like Topikal tried to warp at one point and the game refused.

You can point-warp with anything but magic equipped.

He had magic equipped.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

FractalSandwich posted:

Definitely that, or they were in the game for a while but were meant to be replaced with something more elegant later. And it's probably less that they forgot, and more that they ran out of time.

I'm not sure they're necessary. They might even do more harm than good. That whole sequence really fucks up the way the opening is paced, and the game doesn't exactly throw you straight in the deep end to begin with.

I feel like it exists as it does because they learned the wrong lesson from people bitching about FFXIII's datalogs, and first tried to expunge as much extraneous exposition as possible, and then tried to disguise the datalogs that were left over as something that isn't a datalog.

You can also completely skip the combat tutorial and lore gallery if you want, and go back to it later, even on your first time.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fedule posted:

Then, and only then, did development proper begin, giving us about three years of actual development. Gamers did not really care about the last delays - what's two months after ten years? - but internally it must have been infuriating. It was absolutely the right call though, and while the game could have used even more time for its own sake, that's almost always true, and this seems like the best compromise between the project and corporate, who, lest we forget, were probably pretty impatient after wrangling two Florence & the Machine tracks, a tie in car, and a themed menu at Jamie Oliver's flagship restaurant.

Apparently there will also be free story patches/DLC. It's almost like they're cribbing off Paradox's release strategy; just get the loving thing out there in its basic playable form, then fix it up later.

Not that that's a complaint per se.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Like Clockwork posted:

In defense of the game, I have met clingy cats. ...As in it has repeatedly attempted to get in my (dog-filled) house when all I have done is pet it. Sweet cat, but no sense of self-preservation. And there's also that cat body language is innately more aloof-seeming even when they are being very clingy. Just a very different animal to read than a dog.

I mean, don't get me wrong, they're still :sparkles:tiny furry assholes:sparkles: (that I love (and tbh dogs are also :shittydog:furry assholes:shittydog: that I love)), they just are way more social than most people give them credit for due to their body language.

Less animal-related: is there a "shut the gently caress up Prompto" button? Cause every time he speaks he gets more annoying.

Yeah, the cat my boyfriend and I adopted a year and a half ago seems like she might have been abandoned and have a touch of anxiety as a result, because she's very very clingy. She was a stray we took in, about 10 months old when we got her, no chip, no collar, heavily pregnant. Nowadays she's a perfectly healthy girl, but every time she wakes up from a nap she will meow loudly if she can't see one of us two, until we shout for her, then she'll run to wherever the voice comes from and jump on whoever it is. She likes to sleep on my hands and gets very grumpy if I try and move them, up to the point where she will lick the back of my hand and gently bite my wrist to convince me to stay still.

She (and we) just lost her adoptive big brother cat to an accident a week and a half ago, so she's even more clingy lately, not that we mind in the slightest, obviously.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

oath2order posted:

It's also like, after Cindy at this point in the game I think the second most developed female character is that waitress who made the cat food.

Also at this point in the game we're still in Chapter 1. Game's not going to blow all its cards right at the start and it's not like Taka or Dave are amazingly fleshed out characters either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

topiKal posted:

Listen I am a pro angler ok

Talk about backseat fishing.

• Locked thread