Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Basic idea is mostly spam circle with the appropriate weapon, hold square to block attacks, try to hit them from behind if possible. There is some hitstun (especially when you break enemies), but it varies between enemy types. It's not quite as tactical as Tales, although there are some enemy patterns you can identify (for instance, you can tell when horses are about to charge at you).

You can identify when weapons are advantageous if orange numbers are showing up when you hit them, and disadvantageous if the numbers are purple.

Is this the only game that uses those particular colors to mean those particular things? I wonder if that's why people have so many issues with this mechanic. Players are used to a certain visual language in games, which Final Fantasy 15 is either unaware of or thinks it's too good for.

On the other hand, once I moved combat to wait mode and started using Libra, it all made much more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

Kuvo posted:

Yoshida's restructuring of FF14 into ARR is nothing short of a miracle

You can pretty much pinpoint it as the moment SE began ever so slowly correcting course, a process that is still ongoing.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I'm glad you guys decided to move through the story a bit. The hunts are really starting to ramp up in difficulty so it'd be good to move on and make better weapons open to purchase.

Anyway I totally missed something, what did they do to suddenly make everything but food only cost half of what it does normally?

They were gifted a DLC that basically does exactly that.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

darealkooky posted:

sexualization and fetishes are very vast categories & not all of them involve bare skin

While the 4 lead guys are obviously designed to appeal to the female gaze you cant really argue they exist purely as sexualization fodder in the way Cindy does.

It's also like, after Cindy at this point in the game I think the second most developed female character is that waitress who made the cat food.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Further confirmation, if more is needed, that Prompto truly is the most useless member of the band.

You shut up, Prompto's photos are my favorite part of this dumb game.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

dimenticon posted:

I'm surprised there weren't any taken during the cutscene on the cliff; I got at least one taken there but I guess it's random for everyone. The frequency might depend on Prompto's photo level, but he does take pictures during cutscenes he's around for (like of that fancy guy throwing coins at the resort).

I always figured the game didn't take any pictures there because prompto as actually being respectful and poo poo, and wasn't going to take pictures of noctis freaking out about his dad dying.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Do you mean pox as in disease? I thought it was unknown why the nights were getting longer.

When was it mentioned that the nights were longer? I'm in the middle of chapter 3 and I don't think I've heard a single reference to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

Nihilarian posted:

Fun fact: if you ask Ignis to drive you to Deadeye he'll take you to the exit. Noctis and co. can't seem to figure out how move those metal panels blocking the exit, they can only be removed through slidekicks.

And that was how I spent one in game day trying to find dead eye in the wrong place.

Also I am like 99% sure catcher22 is someone's tinder handle.

• Locked thread