Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I have to admit I thought bandunk sounded like Minifoo at first as well. All I know is this game looks good as a boyband road trip sim but bad as an action game just from seeing my brother play it. For some reason Shemnue came to mind but my mind wanders into dark places sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Cats are just weird dogs right, cause I have 2 dogs that have successfully pounced and eaten birds not long ago. It was pretty weird loving weird at the time.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I just love Ignis' hover hand in that picture.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I almost choked on food I was eating from laughing when Kuvo crashed the car. Also what is with the drop ships in this, do they appear by area or are they trying to simulate random encounters from the older games?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Oh so they decided it was best to put a boundary on an area you have to search in circles for an item, great design. I guess it's less like random encounters and more like doing a crime in a Grand Theft Auto game and being punished by the police/FBI/national guard chasing you down, the crime is playing this game though.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I do think the combat looks pretty fun and drop ships from entering boundaries make sense, until the game asks you to search in a circle with a boundary line through it where you'll inevitably cross it over and over again resulting in 4 encounters in one area with hardly any time to search for the item you can't pick up because picking up rocks in combat is too hard. Then I start having a problem.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

topiKal posted:

Sometimes it's hard to determine a good stopping point with this game because it never feels like we're making a lot of progress. Personally I think we should try to keep it closer to 30-40min and just try to post them more often from here on out.

Please tell me if I am wrong

I'm really okay with anything of less length than a feature film, but since this is a Final Fantasy game there may be cutscenes spanning as long so when that happens I really can't complain. With that all said, 30-40 minutes is a ideal in my opinion.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

White Coke posted:

As long as they make money it doesn't matter, even if people don't play it at all.

It's FreeLC, how does that make money?

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Nihilarian posted:

You have to drop :10bux: to get the sombrero

Okay then, but I was talking about the Carnival. I didn't know the Sombrero was also limited time, that should be a crime.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I hope you didn't have to pay for that expansion. Pretty hard to make arcade beat em ups worse, but here we are.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Bocc Kob posted:

I was kind of on board when the action seemed more involved than anything in the main game, but then they started throwing waves of dudes on the same screen over and over and grim reality set in.

That's just good game design. I felt the same as Kuvo when I heard about this, thinking it's some kinda storytelling thing and not a lovely beat em up with no continues.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Kuvo posted:

gently caress

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This update is making me really glad I didn't bother with this game, Titan looks like the lamest boss.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

topiKal posted:

That's unfair, Shenmue QTEs usually require the use of more than two buttons

A real shame too, I was really hoping you two would fail and we'd see Noctis die by getting a watermelon smashed on his head or Kenny Crow drowning him while the cap is still on the bottle.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
My brother let me borrow this game recently and I finished it. While I didn't hate playing it, everything reminding me of this game makes me realize how bad this game is. Doesn't help that I see ads for the spin-off mobile game(s?) on every site ever, so I'll just get more bitter about this game until those gently caress off the internet in a few months/years.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Type-D Regalia is flat out the best part of the game, real glad that y'all were talking about fuckin Pimp My Ride in the same episode you made driving fun. I don't need to tell anyone this, but that dungeon loving sucks and since you have Type-D the headlights are pointless now. Game design!

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Real glad I decided to play through this after Type-D Regalia update and before this poo poo, honestly I just want a monster truck with jumping abilities in all open world games. But then there would be no reason to play this game anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
I never noticed Noctis' shirt was assortments of skull and cross bones till now. Gotta appreciate over designed character outfits with only one color.

• Locked thread