Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'm not a huge fan of group LP's, but I'm following this one because I do think the game is kinda charming so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
It was really great when you guys went "should we maybe do the easier monster hunts first" instead of the hardest one at the first location and ya'll were like

:smug: "Pshaw. We got this," and then got totally wrecked. :allears:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
If the sidequests look uninteresting - and I don't think there really have been many interesting ones in the game - you could always try the main quest ones. And go back to the default camera, not the one you're currently using and turn off ALL the filters because they are all bad and ruin the pictures.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Ometeotl posted:

I'm not sure if you've since learned this, but you have to equip those car parts you're getting on the car customization menu through Cindy.

Maybe, one day, they'll put Prompto back on his default camera and disable the filters, all of which universally ruin photos.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

RareAcumen posted:

This is such a dry game. It's a bit of a shame how stiff and restrictive everything is.

I have to say that the game looked pretty interesting when it was just starting out, there was a big open world free to explore... unfortunately it turns out that it is full of mind-numbing, tedious, and repetitive side-quests, so the open world lost a lot of its charm quickly.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Thank goodness you're advancing the main plot again. (It's going to stay rainy until you clear another few plot beats.)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I would have voted for Playable Lunafreya or Story content: Lunafreya's activities because from what tidbits the game's been showing, she's been having some neat adventures of her own. Have they said which content won, or is voting still going on?

Bruceski posted:

Aranea Highwind? Is that still Cid's last name in this game?

Nope. Cid Sophiar (and Cindy Aurum)

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Tenebrais posted:

She also must have levelled up when they camped because her health tripled at some point.

That was from the HP-boosting food the party ate at the mid-dungeon campsite.

Apparently the description of Iris's special move says that it's good on Magitek troopers, but that seems questionable since apparently you're mostly on rails while Iris is in the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Why, oh why, wasn't the offroading ability in the base game from the start? Not the monster truck upgrade and jumping, but just basic offroading?

• Locked thread