Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

DO IT TO IT posted:

e: ^Agreed. The combat could have been taught with pop ups while fighting scorpions.

It does in fact do this, even if you already did the starting tutorial. During one of those fights it popped up a window saying how to attack and defend, and at the start of another Gladio suggests point-warping to a high place.

I believe the game lets you do the starting tutorial while the rest of the game is installing, so I think it's just there to give you something to do while you wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Sunning posted:

When the FFXIV staff reshuffle happened, the original Producer of FFXIV (Hiromichi Tanaka) was forced out of the company

I'd read that they put him back on FF11, where he immediately set about reversing all the positive changes Yoshi-P had made during his time on it, until the players complained loud enough for him to be kicked out.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Zenostein posted:

They didn't? Surely you don't have to have the quest active to give cid the poo poo, right?

No but you do need to have found the required items first

• Locked thread