Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

We don't know if they filmed the whole season in Australia, do we? We just know some of it has been filmed there.

PUMPED AS HELL FO DIS

They were filming it here for about three months. I assume that means a lot of the show will be based here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

LOST messed a lot of people up

I've watched it three times and I still miss it. The Leftovers is a great show which I thoroughly enjoy watching at the time, but I can't say it has the same effect. :(

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm Australian, and I work in film, so I hope that counts for something.

Like, honestly, describing Australian film as "primal, ancient and spiritual" is a bit doofy and patronising. But hopefully the show won't be?

If Ernie Dingo turns up as a wise Aboriginal man, or one of the Garveys goes on walkabout, I'll call shenanigans though.

Yeah, the only Australian film which comes to mind is Picnic at Hanging Rock. It'll be a good season if they can get a similar tone as that movie.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Ugh, gonna do a rewatch anyway and introduce my mum to it properly. My brother's fiancée worked on the show for this season so mum's heard a bit about it already, but there's just so much else on we haven't had time. :(

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Just finished the first season. Much better than I remembered, although Tommy's storyline was about as tiresome as it was before.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

I forgot that Dog Man was investigated by the GR and they couldn't find anything on him

While we're (sort of) on the topic, Michael Gaston is in everything. I re-watched The Leftovers a couple weeks back and since then I've noticed him popping up in about a half dozen shows I watch.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Hipster_Doofus posted:

*ahem* the first half of season 3 would like a word with you.

(ABC wouldn't commit to an end date, so the creators taught them a lesson by going hog-wild with filler. It worked. They got their date, and the remaining seasons were shorter and tighter, s6 issues notwithstanding.)

I liked the first half of season 3. It's the first half of season 2 that I still can't stand to watch. The Tailies never did it for me.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Hilario Baldness posted:

Max Richter's music is amazing in the series.

It gets played fairly often throughout the show, but I always really dug the song that plays during the bridge scene.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Melburnians have really weird accents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

drunkill posted:

Melbournian.

I quote a bunch of dead kids from Melbourne Grammar.

Melburnian posted:

'The diphthong, ‘ou’ is not a Latin diphthong: hence, we argued this way, Melburnia would be [the] Latin form of name, and from it comes Melburnian.'

We in Sydney, at least, spell it 'Melburnian'.

• Locked thread