Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Octy posted:

I've watched it three times and I still miss it. The Leftovers is a great show which I thoroughly enjoy watching at the time, but I can't say it has the same effect. :(
Depends on what you liked about LOST (other than the character work). If you liked the more action-adventure style aspect I would maybe suggest some of Once Upon a Time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

The entire show has been about people unable to process grief after loss where there's no physical proof that anything happened to them other than simply vanishing, so now John is established as a character who has definitive proof of his loved one's death (There was at least enough left of Evie to confirm her dental records,) yet ironically refuses to accept it. It's a natural evolution for his character - John wasn't able to process the idea that Evie left of her own volition three years ago, why would he now accept her second sudden and far more permanent departure from his life?

I know it's going to be important to where his character's story is going - but this early on, who knows where that's going to be.

Also why the hell haven't the cleaned up the crater in the ensuing three years? Lawsuit interference? Or did the ATFEC leave it there intentionally as a "warning" to people coming into Jarden?
The biggest irony is John with the help of Laurie are helping people get over their loss and grief by "conning them" (for free) and giving them closure of sorts.

Also I think it was in Sepinwall's review but he's also wearing glasses in the same style as Evie's as well.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Haha drat I love this show. Blasting The Beach Boys while POTUS Kevin cuts open International Assassin Kevin was amazing.

• Locked thread