Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

precision posted:

Very vague trailer talk, spoiler'd just in case:

Either the trailer for this season is misleading or the showrunners lied because the trailer makes it sound like "where'd everyone go?" is gonna be discussed.

Also, I'm gonna be the one guy who legit enjoyed season 1 more than 2.

after it aired it felt like season 2 was the best season of tv i've ever seen

then i went back and rewatched them both recently and gently caress if i didn't think season 1 was absolutely surperior. i think it starts a little rough, and some of the teen stuff is ehhhhh, but from the matt episode onwards it's so loving incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

I'm still baffled that season 2 followed up the mediocre season 1 by instead being one the best things of the year right alongside Fargo.

You should go back and rewatch it before season 3. This is what I thought too, but going back I actually liked season 1 way more

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Haha yep

For reasons I mentioned in my previous post I wonder what LOST is like after the fact. It was a cultural phenomenon, the constant speculation and fuckery made it by far the most fun show to talk about I've ever watched.

I only watched it a few years ago for the first time, and I loved it. Since I already knew 'there wouldn't be answers' (there was though many weren't great), and 'the island is purgatory' (which it isn't and anyone who got that wrong weren't paying attention), I was just along for the ride and just got into the characters. You can really see some of the best qualities of lost in the leftovers, it's just a lot tighter than lost ever was.

• Locked thread