Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
^^^ The full list! Thanks, was about to edit that into mine.

highme posted:

Apparently, DCU traded Igboanike to Portland for a 2017 2nd round pick yesterday.

Interestingly, Portland immediately declined his contract option. They didn't want the player, just the international spot he was sitting in.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Chara with a red after the Video Assistant Referee determined his flying elbow deserved a red. Other than that hiccup, good goals in this preseason game between Portland and RSL.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

binge crotching posted:

Chara leading with an elbow? I'm shocked and surprised that such an upstanding citizen would do something like that. Next thing I know you'll tell me that Dempsey likes slapping players in the crotch or something equally outrageous.

Yeah, the only surprising thing about it was it took so long. Boy, Chara and Guzman on the same team this season is going to lead to a lot of games like tonight.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Welcome to GBS posted:

Completely broke up the flow of the game. I am generally for VAR, but the format of field ref heading to the sidelines to look into the camera is BAD. Took seemingly forever and nobody in the stands had any idea what was happening until we looked at our phones.

Glad to get back to Providence Park last night, going to see them play against Minnesota as well on Sunday. As expected, Timbers are making a lot chances, but Ridgy had better gel with whomever they bring in FAST or it will be another 0-for-March.

Agreed. I think it's a good idea, but it was nothing but complaints from inside the stadium. I don't think the players knew, either. They should put VAR up on the big screens so everyone can see what the ref is looking at when he goes to the camera. I also think the ref wouldn't have double checked if it wasn't a red card, because the AR has already told him he missed a red/goal/PK/punished the wrong player.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Visual Sneeze posted:

Just chiming in to say I'm back from the friendly tonight and Vancouver looked like dogshit. Yikes, guys. Okay well that's all, I'll be back in like 6 months or whatever.

Vancouver just looked toothless. They looked like mid last year Timbers. Bad passing, no runs off the ball, frustration. Montero should help with the attack, but they didn't look like a team that is ready for CCL in a week or whenever it is. Timbers looked great but even Porter acknowledged that it seemed too easy. Hopefully the 25th against the Galaxy is played like a regular season game by both teams so we get a better idea of what to expect.

I'm really enjoying a more selfish Nagbe. I hope he takes more shots and dials it in.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Welcome to GBS posted:

Poor defensive teams are cowering in fear, while competent counter attacking teams are licking their chops.

Timbers will score over 80 (25 for Adi, ~20 for Valeri, 15 for Blanco, 5 from Nagbe and 15 from everyone else) goals this season but probably only clinch our spot in the playoffs on 'decision day'.

Yeah, I feel like we are going to get "the most dangerous score line" explained to us a lot this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

threeagainstfour posted:

I think it's cool that Viera gave Mix his walking papers in the form of slam poetry.

New MLS rules for contract negotiations state all contact between players and clubs/MLS must be in the form of a poem. Type of poetry is up to the sender.

• Locked thread