Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
My wife wants to go to Hamilton and tickets went on sale this morning at 10am for the San Francisco dates. If you were online by 10, you got thrown into random order and you have to wait your turn to buy tix. The fuckers wouldn't let you open multiple tabs to grab multiple spots in line, but I was able to get two spots by using Chrome and IE. Firefox wouldn't even let me to the website because of some cert error, so gently caress Firefox.

I am 64,757th and 86,081st in line. This is total bullshit! If I'm lucky, by midnight tonight I may be able to buy a single seat located in the bathroom.

WTF happened to Ticket D-Day when you clicked your rear end off in 100 tabs and fought your way through the DDOS storm to get the ticket selection window to come up? Now I'm in line with every cat lover who has an etsy page and I'm fighting over tickets to a show that features bad rapping. I really need to reevaluate my life.

UPDATE: there are only 62,543 sock-knitters ahead of me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

why?

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
sorry about your upcoming divorce op, hamilton sucks rear end and is for total swedges anyway

The_end
May 17, 2014
Just watch a bootleg on youtube.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Musicals are very upsetting, I agree.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
There aren't enough tits in this musical.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
You should probably wait 2-3 years until Hamilton is much less popular if you don't want to pay $600 for a ticket. What were you thinking?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
Hamilton is so white people can watch black people rap in a safe environment.

Update: I'm now 61,649th in line.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
You're probably not in line with cat ladies, you're probably mostly fighting against bots from 3rd-party re-seller websites.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The_end posted:

Just watch a bootleg on youtube.

or just dont watch it at all :confused:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

paying over a grand to see nerdcore rapper MC Schrodinger dress up like Andrew Jackson and spit a flow about manifest destiny is my idea of a gooood time.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I hope you win and get the opportunity to spend +$1,000 on musical theater tickets, OP

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well my name's hamilton and i'm here to say
it's fun to rap in a founding father way

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Mozi posted:

well my name's hamilton and i'm here to say
it's fun to rap in a founding father way

No spoilers, please. Some dick already ruined the ending for me and told me the main character dies.

Update: 59,359th in line

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The article comparing people who like Hamilton to fans of Captain Dan and his Scurvy Gang was incredible.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPtVUki1iOg&feature=youtu.be&t=9m35s

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

You and Mike Pence

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

CT Scan of a white woman's brain while watching Hamilton:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
is it a musical about Alexander Hamilton?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

EL BROMANCE posted:

The article comparing people who like Hamilton to fans of Captain Dan and his Scurvy Gang was incredible.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
https://medium.com/@lowenaffchen/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-enjoy-hamilton-run-our-country-a67f4ad11f2b#.8ar2lr5nt

You Should Be Terrified That People Who Enjoy “Hamilton” Run Our Country

Look at this. Look at how stupid this is.

In 2012 Captain Dan and his Scurvy Crew, a four-man nerdcore ensemble trying to cement “pirate rap” as a tenable subgenre, appeared on America’s Got Talent. They were booted off the stage after roughly 30 seconds and derided as “stupid”, “moronic”, “idiotic” and “pathetic” by Howard Stern, a man famous for stunts like ordering his underlings to lick each other’s rectal thermometers. In 2012 everyone, save for Captain Dan and people whose tastes range from “music from video games” to “music about video games”, was in agreement that performing open-ended-high-school-project rap in Colonial Williamsburg garb was unconscionable. Right?

Maybe the America’s Got Talent audience isn’t an accurate sample of the American population as a whole. Maybe they actually thought “when I say yo, you say ho” was clever — but there was a neon sign telling them to boo. Maybe something happened in the past 4 years that made everyone really loving stupid. Whatever the reason, the world we live in now includes Hamilton, a “hip-hop musical” about the first Secretary of the Treasury.

Hamilton exists more as a corporate HR department’s wet dream than as a biographical work. The appeal largely rests with the forced diversity of its cast and the concept of a “hip-hop musical”. The actual substance of Hamilton’s politics is ignored in favor of a story that stresses his origins as a Horatio Alger immigrant and his rivalry with Aaron Burr. 

His introduction stresses two takeaways from the musical: America is a place where the poor, through “sheer force of will”, can rise to prominence, and Hamilton has diversity in it. That means you can feel good about seeing it: no guilt for seeing dead white men in a positive light required. It contains hip-hop, an edgy, up-and-coming genre with only 37 years of mainstream exposure. It only costs $1,200 a ticket if you can stand bad seats.

Kings George I and II of England were barely able to speak English and spent more time dealing with their own failsons than ruling the Empire — but they gave patronage to Handel. Ludwig II of Bavaria was believed to be insane and went into debt to compulsively build castles — but he gave patronage to Wagner. Obama deported more immigrants than any other president and expanded the drone program in order to kill almost 3,500 people — but he gave patronage to a nerdcore musical.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Burt Sexual posted:

You and Mike Pence

If one of the actors tries to lecture me about inclusivity after the show, they're gonna get an earful from me about who the real racists are!

update: 57,687th in line

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

If one of the actors tries to lecture me about inclusivity after the show, they're gonna get an earful from me about who the real racists are!

update: 57,687th in line

tell em wardog, tell em
what about the IE line can we get a running update on that too

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
SHOT! SHOT! SHOT!

Every drat presentation of that play the same parts of Hamilton over and over again. The fact that it's so popular probably means that it sucks and nobody will gain any bit substances from it.

Every drat person will come out of the show saying "Oh wow I didn't know Hamilton was so interesting. You know he was an orphan, was self educated, fought with Washington, and shot by Arron Burt."

Here is a 3 minute video that will tell you more Hamilton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv3VyusNJ-Q

PS. Drink Milk.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

unpleasantly turgid posted:

tell em wardog, tell em
what about the IE line can we get a running update on that too

77,865 on IE.

The bad news is that I'm probably not going to be able to buy tickets to Hamilton. The good news is that I'm probably not going to have to see Hamilton. HAW-HAW-HAW!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

get out of sf plz

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
nah, SF is pretty chill and I like it here

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

nah, SF is pretty chill and I like it here

it doesn't like you here

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
yikes

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

maybe this means its finally time to see wicked

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hamilton got shot by a guy from New Jersey, which I think a lot of people can relate to.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Just tell your bitch wife you couldn't get tickets. Easy.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

My aunt and uncle went to see it and when I asked them what it was about they couldn't explain it, just said that it was wonderful so I really don't know what all the fuss is for

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Suck my goddamn balls op, hth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

BeefThief posted:

maybe this means its finally time to see wicked

All I can remember about Wicked is a ton of bright green lights onstage everywhere.

Saw Phantom and that was boring as hell. A guy stared into a mirror a lot and there was fog everywhere.

Rent was genuinely good. I was shocked at how great it sounded. Best mixed sound I've heard at any show, dethroning Meshuggah.

I don't remember what other musicals I've seen, but I'll keep you posted.

Update: 52,789 in line. This ain't gonna happen.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

looks like you have to just pretend you saw it, like me, i saw it.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Slam whale holy grail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation