Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
we're not here to start no trouble

we're just doing the vice president shuffle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

"Someone Whose Name I Forgot posted:

In 9/10 alternate realities Lin Manuel Miranda is a struggling highschool history teacher trying to get his students interested in the American Revolution with these weak rear end raps

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I made it about 19,000 places in line in just over three hours before I gave up with another 45,058 to go.

Hamilton black, so what.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

you should check out oh africa, brave africa. it was a laugh riot.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I would divorce my wife for coming up with an idea like seeing this dog poo poo

My name is Hamilton and I'm here to say
I wanna be the prez of the U S A
I gotta win it now cause I got some bravery
*music drop* I don't wanna live in a country with slavery

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Seriously though just listen to the soundtrack on YouTube and you'll wanna loving off yourself

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
After a bit of digging I was able to find a full video of Hamilton on youtube. You can save yourself a few hundred bucks by watching this with the wife before they take it down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9jghLeYufQ

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

I'm Crap posted:

sorry about your upcoming divorce op, hamilton sucks rear end and is for total swedges anyway

Interesting...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Unfortunately I did end up with tickets for this. a very sad day but maybe I will finally be able to brag about something to the guys at the corner bar

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The made a musical outta that Will Smith movei where hes a superhero angel or w/e? What a bunch of goofass gently caress bananas!! Who would do that!??? What kind of wait.. that was Hancock or something, wasn't it. nvm. NE way, ur wife sounds liek a reaaaal nomo, OP.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
lol at the price, $550 is the cheapest ticket in LA

Here is a musical about a poor immigrant family that a poor immigrant family would never afford to see!!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Captain Gordon posted:

lol at the price, $550 is the cheapest ticket in LA

Here is a musical about a poor immigrant family that a poor immigrant family would never afford to see!!

It's ironic FYAD humour.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that if something is hyped over as much as this Hamilton thing, I'm probably not missing anything by avoiding it entirely. And apparently $1000+ richer too!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

interwhat posted:

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that if something is hyped over as much as this Hamilton thing, I'm probably not missing anything by avoiding it entirely. And apparently $1000+ richer too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEH9I_oJfqY

see how long you can last

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I think Hamilton cast recording is alright and catchy once you get past all the "cultural posturing" bullshit that dictates whether people like it or not. :shrug:

The_end
May 17, 2014
Musicals are a step below the Tijuana donkey show.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
My parents were sitting beside Bill and Hilary Clinton when they saw Hamilton.

That's my Hamilton story.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Throw your hands in the air

Wave them like you had an affair

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Aaron Burr did nothing wrong also long live the Whiskey Rebellion.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Thread title is accurate ar least.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Luxury Communism posted:

Aaron Burr did nothing wrong also long live the Whiskey Rebellion.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

I think Hamilton cast recording is alright and catchy once you get past all the "cultural posturing" bullshit that dictates whether people like it or not. :shrug:

It didn't take any cultural posturing to hear a few seconds of rapping before proceeding to make up my mind but I am glad you found something you enjoy.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Hamilton is the rap equivalent of dudes in the 70s rapping about hats.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
What's the dress code like for these things? Because if you have to pay an absurd amount of money and then get dressed up in a suit and tie, lol.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ego-bot posted:

What's the dress code like for these things? Because if you have to pay an absurd amount of money and then get dressed up in a suit and tie, lol.

Jordans and New Eras

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
take her to see Cats! instead, a musical that accurately depicts the coronation of Hillary Clinton as POTUS

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

we're not here to start no trouble

we're just doing the vice president shuffle

We're white guys and we take no crap

waitaminit

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The best parts of the Hamilton soundtrack are when they aren't rapping

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The_end posted:

Musicals are a step below the Tijuana donkey show.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ego-bot posted:

*guy shows up to Hamilton in a suit*
Door guy: "I'm sorry sir, but there is a strict dress-code at this theater. If you would like to attend this evening's performance, I must ask you to put on this Kangol hat and these Adidas sweat bands."

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
divorce your wife

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
That app that changes every instance of the word "Hamilton" to "the video game DOOM" makes this a way better thread

though it keeps giving me a fleeting moment of hope that people are talking about DOOM and then vague disappointment when it's just another Hamilton thread

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Teikanmi posted:

Seriously though just listen to the soundtrack on YouTube and you'll wanna loving off yourself

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
something something casting call racism, but in reverse

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
Tickets are still available to my companion musical "White MLK"

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Jesus,600 bucks!?! They got movies on the tv for free.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

DoctorG0nzo posted:

That app that changes every instance of the word "Hamilton" to "the video game DOOM" makes this a way better thread

though it keeps giving me a fleeting moment of hope that people are talking about DOOM and then vague disappointment when it's just another Hamilton thread

feel free to share any other boring tidbits from your life that no one cares about

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."
Im going to undercut Hamilton with a goth metal opera about the Tuskegee Airmen

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014

Schweinhund posted:

feel free to share any other boring tidbits from your life that no one cares about

Sup on my flippin balls, please!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Echo Chamber posted:

Unfortunately most goons have bad posture from years of internet trolling.

• Locked thread