Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Just go see Disney's Moana, OP. It's by the same guy and tickets aren't impossible to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Hoooo poo poo people pay money for that?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

The Muppets On PCP posted:

nile's alright, mostly to laugh at how fat karl is

otherwise they just kinda stand there and play their instruments

Karl and Dallas are pretty cool guys, but yeah, as long as they can play well live, that's all I'm looking for. I don't need a loving circus act ala Behemoth and Watain.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Yea I listened to about 23 seconds of that before it became far too annoying, I think I'll live.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

JakeP posted:

Does anyone actually like hamilton that isnt a fat beastly SJW

all sorts of rich or "connected" people with no aesthetic sense love it, a lot of the people who aspire to be like them pretend to like it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

JakeP posted:

Does anyone actually like hamilton that isnt a fat beastly SJW

It's the drama equivalent of liking "that one rap song" or having "a black friend"

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

op was an easy target to make fun of but i liked the snippets i heard enough to buy the cast album on itunes earlier this year. i like it, but it's a "long drive" or a "afternoon of housecleaning" kinda listen

edit: but i listen to hip hop and don't work in IT so idk i might count as a sjw

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 14, 2016

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

e: double post freakout

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 14, 2016

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Karl and Dallas are pretty cool guys, but yeah, as long as they can play well live, that's all I'm looking for. I don't need a loving circus act ala Behemoth and Watain.

last time i saw them dallas was still sporting the skullet, which was enough stage show for me tbqh

they pretty much sound like the albums but really loud

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

interwhat posted:

Yea I listened to about 23 seconds of that before it became far too annoying, I think I'll live.

You should have stayed to at least 1:23. Seriously, do it. It gets worse. Worse than it started.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
my names Thomas Jefferson and i'm here to say
i love owning humans in a major way!

skritch skricth scratch, skri skri skri scratch

you're welcome

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

The Human Crouton posted:

You should have stayed to at least 1:23. Seriously, do it. It gets worse. Worse than it started.

I made it to where one told there other to speak less, I then expounded on his advices and stopped listening as well

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hardawn posted:

I made it to where one told there other to speak less, I then expounded on his advices and stopped listening as well

Right after that there is a literal "Ya Yo Yo, Yo Yo!", and then a bunch of people rapping introductions about who they are like an 90s fast food commercial trying to sell its new eXtreme mascots in a commercial.

It's worth listening to just to see how bad our culture currently is.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is the most uncool rap I have ever heard, and I'm including that garbage where nerds rap about computers and being virgins.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is somehow worse than i expected it to be

like sub epic rap battles of history level

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."
And people say it's the best musical ever. drat, maybe slashing all the art and music programs wasn't the best idea.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Hey guys, i hpoe we've grown beyond the evils of cultural appropriation in YOOL 2016 (straight white men are not a costume). So have some other hamilton bullshit: Lewis Hamilton bullshit!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The musical's not that bad, get over you'reselves. I applaud Miranda for going to comically extreme lengths to get the tweetfeed buzzbook facetime generation interested in history

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

last time i saw them dallas was still sporting the skullet, which was enough stage show for me tbqh

they pretty much sound like the albums but really loud

You're speaking my language, man.

I just found out that for $500, I can be the bassist for Nile's SF show!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Randal posted:

Guy's been getting hate on Tumblr for supporting Autism Speaks.

Didn't they finally give up on trying to represent and help people who are so loving autistic they can't speak or take care of themselves because of all the hatred they got from the Tumblr crowd?

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8aqAgtwqcU

More nerdcore history rap to enjoy!

I think I foresee that the film version will be shown in drat near every US history class. Poor kids might not get to watch Ferris Bueller seeing a dude's head explode... and strong black characters in good context of course.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
should of used multiple portable browsers like a true gangsta

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just wanted to chime in to say my wife is obsessed with this show and her dad managed to get tickets to it at some point, but is taking her stepmom instead of her. Her stepmom doesn't know anything about the show other than that it's popular. My wife and her dad are currently not speaking.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Maybe Hamilton wouldn't have sucked poo poo if someone like Prince Paul wrote it. He's done a few theme albums, rap operas or something. Prince Among Thieves is good. He can tell a story while also making some great music with talented real rappers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5zkEcW6als

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJF2dGDOcyg

JediTalentAgent posted:

I've been wanting to make a musical called Hamiltown:

It's about people who create a knock-off, off-broadway production of Hamilton, but since they themselves can't even get tickets to the original to base it off of they come up with something they think would look and sound just like it. Ironically, they become bigger than the musical they were ripping off and critics believe their mistakes and failures in the production are actually intentionally witty and subversive commentary.

This sounds ok

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

I like the rhyme with "bursar".

Anyway, listen: Ham's is like the first month of US history for 9th graders where 1776 is the 310 College level course that assumes you have a thorough background knowledge of the subject and understand the dynamics of at least some of the personalities within those events.

Bitching about Hamilton being basic is just taking out your anger on the kids for being failed by our education system.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
pretty sure it's not kids all excited over hamilton but people who attend ted talks, daytime msnbc anchors, and anyone who still think bernie sanders is the reason why hillary lost the election

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wow this is bad

Like real bad white people bad that have never abything

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
OP they already made a superior Founding Fathers rap thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABhyKEK-CDg

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

pretty sure it's not kids all excited over hamilton but people who attend ted talks, daytime msnbc anchors, and anyone who still think bernie sanders is the reason why hillary lost the election

Nah my musically-inclined 15yo brother listens to it nonstop. it hasn't made him any smarter at history though

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

pretty sure it's not kids...

I was referring to actual children, millennial, hipsters, and anyone else who puts ideals over practicality. Basically kids.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

DiHK posted:

I was referring to actual children, millennial, hipsters, and anyone else who puts ideals over practicality. Basically kids.

lmao yeah these fuckin millenials stripping the practicality out of musical theater

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
none of the videos work for me, im picturing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

but about some dead gay president

XMNN fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 14, 2016

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Son of Rodney posted:

SO I have this idea for a musical: it's about Hitler and his rise and fall, but get this.... hitler... is a jew. Also all songs are done in kletzmer style

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

back in my day, bald-faced edutainment like Hamilton was considered lame as gently caress. what happened to society to make us think otherwise?

bollig posted:

I was reading Miranda's wikipedia page and he was part of a 'comedy rap group' in college. Which is something I never want to see
gee who knew that a guy who graduated from the same college as michael bay and joss whedon would turn out to make pop culture abominations?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Hamilton is so white people can watch black people rap in a safe environment.

White people make up the majority of a live rap concert anyways so what's the point?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

White people make up the majority of a live rap concert anyways so what's the point?

This is even more safe than that.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lmao yeah these fuckin millenials stripping the practicality out of musical theater

Music Man taught us all a valuable lesson about swindlers but ITYOOL 2016 we've all forgotten that lesson. I am, however, looking forward to the satire that will be produced for the next 4 years.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
"that popular thing? heh. it actually BAD"

--gbs

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

A misanthrope posted:

"that popular thing? heh. it actually BAD"

--gbs

So you're in to musicals. That's cool, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

phasmid posted:

So you're in to musicals. That's cool, man.

no i hate musicals

im anti-goon

• Locked thread