Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
Did you remember to include a canned laugh track played over all the funny parts to cue the audience at home to laugh at all the funny parts, OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Things are funnier the more ppl are laughing at them this is medically true.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

reallivedinosaur posted:

"get hosed with a stick, bozo"

good catchphrase for a sassy minority cab driver?

e: like try saying it in a mario accent, lmao its hilarious

It's called an Italian accent, you RACIST

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

SciFiDownBeat posted:

It's called an Italian accent, you RACIST

ya but the guy is chinese-canadian: thats the hook that gets the kids to tune in each week

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
make sure the characters have time to stop doing things so the audience can :lol:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Here's some funny punchlines you can use for free:

"My grandfather died of AIDS this morning alone in a hospital room."
"Billy, God killed your hamster because you play with yourself at night."
"Six million Jews were killed during the Holocaust."

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Egbert Souse posted:

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
You need a zany neighbour who has a crazy catchphrase like "benis" or "cucumber"

Ideally he should have a wacky voice and be able to do sound effects like the black guy from Police Academy

Also a episode should revolve around valentine's day and his attempts to get a date which backfire hilariously

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

JakeP posted:

Two words... "Mexican Kramer"

(catchphrase is "Ay ay ay! NO me Gusta!!!)

Can he ride a lawnmower?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
have you considered writing a Kramer type character like Friends?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Egbert Souse posted:

It's funny because those are all lies.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

It's funny because those are all lies.

You anti-semite alt right shitposter

Enemy Ace
Mar 14, 2006
"We stain the sky. We fight a war in heaven."
There should be an episode guest starring Jefe and Wolt from the hit show "Making good", where Wolt uses his catchphrase: "Jefe, we need to cuck"

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Enemy Ace posted:

There should be an episode guest starring Jefe and Wolt from the hit show "Making good", where Wolt uses his catchphrase: "Jefe, we need to cuck"

Woah! They should call you Emmy-Ace because of those television awards that you should have!

Enemy Ace
Mar 14, 2006
"We stain the sky. We fight a war in heaven."
Nah, the real heroes here are the writers of "Making good". Who can forget such episodes as when Wolt did a shenanigan to Mr. Chicken man, I'm thinking about the episode when Wolt installed a remote controlled whoopee cushion in Mr. Dings wheelchair, and made Mr. Chicken believe that Mr. Ding was a fartlord! The episode where Wolt fed the birds by throwing pies on the roof was also pretty good.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Enemy Ace posted:

Nah, the real heroes here are the writers of "Making good". Who can forget such episodes as when Wolt did a shenanigan to Mr. Chicken man, I'm thinking about the episode when Wolt installed a remote controlled whoopee cushion in Mr. Dings wheelchair, and made Mr. Chicken believe that Mr. Ding was a fartlord! The episode where Wolt fed the birds by throwing pies on the roof was also pretty good.

his brother in law is a parking enforcement officer and wolt sits nervously at dinner knowing he's way too close to that hydrant

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
do a reboot of mr belvedere

unironically this is what we need to bring the nation together

drinks on the china? never happened before. who cares?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Maybe the world is blind
(do do do do do do do)
Or just a little unkind
(do do do do do do do)
Don't know

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
The script needs to be relatable to the general public, so here's something I tossed together for the show, using real life as source material.

One night T.J. Blashill discovers that instead of his normal healthy dose of semen, he's cumming blood. This is of course very shocking to both him and his wife. After having rushed to the clinic the doctor orders a batch of blood tests and tells him that they're going to check his prostate just to be sure it isn't enlarged. T.J. Blashill is laying on his side, with his butt exposed, as the good ol' Doc P.R.Octology slaps on a pair of pre-lubricated latex gloves behind him. The camera zooms in on T.J.Blashills face. A droplet of anxious sweat drops from his forehead. Suddenly his eyes pop as wide open as they possibly can and he exclaims.

HUNK MY RUNK !!!

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe
The guy from Smash Mouth pops out of windows and cabinets to sing life lessons in acapella.

Zenos Paradise posted:

Has guy fieri as the villainous barber that tries to give everyone frosted tips and diabetes

Guy from Smash Mouth = Guy Fieri? I've never been sure either way.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Zenos Paradise posted:

Has guy fieri as the villainous barber that tries to give everyone frosted tips and diabetes

Has Wilford Brimley as the villanous pastry chef that tries to give everyone diabeetus.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
make every walk-on or bit character have a catchphrase from an 80s sitcom, so the background is full of:

"don be rediculoos cossin larry!"

"how rude"

"geez mallory"

"marsha marsha marsha"

"this is the third dead prostitute tonight"

"kiss my grits"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'bang! zoom! i'll hit you so hard in the face you'll go flying to the moon! i mean it, my wife! i'm going to just wind up and punch your right in your goddamn face so hard you'll leave orbit! and this is a funny catchphrase i am saying right now!'

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
real talk: alice kramden was a total bitch and probably deserved a pow right in the kisser

UncleMoeLester
Oct 25, 2016

Midget Fiddler
Lipstick Apathy
The 3 characters: a female mercenary, A lizard, And Satan her(?)self go on adventures together to get a powerful staff
Hilarity Ensues

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

UncleMoeLester posted:

The 3 characters: a female mercenary, A lizard, And Satan her(?)self go on adventures together to get a powerful staff
Hilarity Ensues

look man it's almost 2017 and my female characters will be more nuanced than just looking to get some staff every week

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
JERRY DID THIS GET GREEN LIT YET????

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
jerry got black listed along with sam hyde lmao

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
Scene: depressed pug grabs bratwurst off the picnic table and limps away

middle class white dad in "kiss the cook" apron: "SAD BRATWURST PUUUUUUUUUG!!!!" :argh:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that dog is saying 'i wanted this medium rare and this is clearly medium well'

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
that dog is thinking "why is everyone laughing i cant breath omg this isnt funny i cant breathe"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

that dog just realized the humans he loves wont even pay attention to him when he steal food

ignored, he slinks away to choke down his sad meal

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

A misanthrope posted:

that dog just realized the humans he loves wont even pay attention to him when he steal food

ignored, he slinks away to choke down his sad meal

you made me sad for the worried dog

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

lol but seriously I posted:

you made me sad for the worried dog

pugs are tragic creatures

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
*laughtrack after everything.
*the volume and length of the laughtrack varies depending on the witty comment.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

u see Biebers dick posted:

*laughtrack after everything.
*the volume and length of the laughtrack varies depending on the witty comment.

people think it is profound to point out the people recorded on those laugh tracks are probably all dead now but if you think about it aren't we all dead? on the inside?

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

A misanthrope posted:

people think it is profound to point out the people recorded on those laugh tracks are probably all dead now but if you think about it aren't we all dead? on the inside?

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl. :saddowns:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

u see Biebers dick posted:

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl. :saddowns:

and what have we found? the same old fears :coolspot:

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
Also I feel like your sitcom should have a character like kramer from seinfeld. maybe "creamer"? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy

A misanthrope posted:

Scene: depressed pug grabs bratwurst off the picnic table and limps away

middle class white dad in "kiss the cook" apron: "SAD BRATWURST PUUUUUUUUUG!!!!" :argh:

• Locked thread