Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

GeneX posted:

Saul wanted david to bring him a fuckload of philistine foreskins in the hopes that david would get himself killed in the process

David instead brought back twice as many and martied both of saul's daughters

So the jews are kind of like native americans collecting enemy scalps, except they favour foreskins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's the bible but gently caress you, they're all the same anyway http://www.enkivillage.com/crazy-bible-stories.html

Judges 3:21-25 posted:

Ehud was supposed to kill King Eglon based on a message from God. He went to the King’s palace and pulled out a large sword. He plunged the weapon into the rotund King’s belly but he was so fat that the sword became covered over. Ehud plunged the sword even farther into the King’s gut to make sure he was going to die. At this point the King’s bowels became uncontrollable and he began to defecate all over the place. When his attendants came to call upon him, they thought he was indisposed. Later they found him dead on the floor with feces everywhere.

E:

BeefThief posted:

make sure you get the forlorn gentile coat from the cave of canaanites

underrated

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

SciFiDownBeat posted:

It's the bible but gently caress you, they're all the same anyway http://www.enkivillage.com/crazy-bible-stories.html

E:

underrated

Thats like a gbs story about eating taco bell

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Ehud was supposed to kill King Eglon based on a message from God. He went to the King’s palace and pulled out a large sword. He plunged the weapon into the rotund King’s belly but he was so fat that the sword became covered over. Ehud plunged the sword even farther into the King’s gut to make sure he was going to die. At this point the King’s bowels became uncontrollable and he began to defecate all over the place. When his attendants came to call upon him, they thought he was indisposed. Later they found him dead on the floor with feces everywhere.

:eyepop:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

When do they cut the penises

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
in a time before nail clippers you had to use your long sharp thumbnails for something

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

When do they cut the penises

A few days after birth.

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014

If I remember right he hid the sword down his pants leg and told the guards he had a monster dong.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Kallev posted:

If I remember right he hid the sword down his pants leg and told the guards he had a monster dong.

MAWNSTER CAWX

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol the bible owns

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Was there really no better way to stench bleeding than using your drat mouth?

Suck my dick, you moelman.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Back in my day in private Catholic school we only read genesis, exodus, and some of the new testament letters after the gospel.

I always wondered why we skipped over 90% of it, like take this opening verse from book of kings one

1 Kings 1-2King James Version (KJV) posted:

1 Now king David was old and stricken in years; and they covered him with clothes, but he gat no heat.

2 Wherefore his servants said unto him, Let there be sought for my lord the king a young virgin: and let her stand before the king, and let her cherish him, and let her lie in thy bosom, that my lord the king may get heat.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

EorayMel posted:

Back in my day in private Catholic school we only read genesis, exodus, and some of the new testament letters after the gospel.

I always wondered why we skipped over 90% of it, like take this opening verse from book of kings one

probably because mosaic law is abolished and the new testament TRUMPs, but you gotta have dat sweet origin story. Plus that lesser prophet stuff is just fluff.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
genesis chapter 19:

30 And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

31 And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth:

32 Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father.

33 And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.

methuselah reading this be strokin his old rear end dick liek oh gently caress yeah get in there lot

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Remember, if you don't respect these stories and the people who believe this poo poo is true, then something something fedora you're actually just as bad as them but from the other side neckbeard.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
old-style angels were really loving weird

quote:

Thrones are depicted as great wheels containing many eyes

gently caress this little baby cupid poo poo, give me more angels who are so terrifying in form they have to cover themselves and constantly tell everyone to not freak the gently caress out about how loving weird and incomprehensible they are

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

Remember, if you don't respect these stories and the people who believe this poo poo is true, then something something fedora you're actually just as bad as them but from the other side neckbeard.

try not to be bitter when people rightly call you an rear end in a top hat

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I believe in poo poo but you don't see me crying when all the poo poo threads get :gas:sed

just kidding I complain about it all the time

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

I find this to be an overly complex way to pray, unless it imparts a magic resist bonus of some type

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

HAmbONE posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

I find this to be an overly complex way to pray, unless it imparts a magic resist bonus of some type

Just getting ready for work in the morning nbd

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

myDad posted:

would :jewish:

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

Haier posted:

I liked the part where they said Jews built the pyramids. loving LMAO. They didn't do jack loving poo poo. No proof has ever been found. Everyone knows the ancient aliens did it using specific sound frequencies to make the blocks levitate.

Do you think north Africans built the pyramids? No it was aliens

Do you think Khmer could build Angkor watt? No it was Aliens

Do you really think a bunch of Italians could build the coliseum? No Aliens

Do you really think a Americans could have build hoover dam? Uh huh Aliens

Do you really think the Chinese built the great wall No that was Aliens

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Dicky mouse posted:

Illegal aliens :jerkbag:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Dicky mouse posted:

the pyramids actually was aliens tho

historical record suggests the annunaki ceased direct intervention around 3000 years ago so theres certainly plenty of reference to them in various biblical texts. they were passed down through oral tradition of course so who knows how reliable they are

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
everyone knows joseph built the pyramids to store grain, it's in Civilization 3 for christs sake

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

Haier posted:

I liked the part where they said Jews built the pyramids. loving LMAO. They didn't do jack loving poo poo. No proof has ever been found. Everyone knows the ancient aliens did it using specific sound frequencies to make the blocks levitate.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
the annunaki propaganda bot broke again

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
aliens also built trump tower. no way trump did it by himself

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

President Ark posted:

old-style angels were really loving weird

gently caress this little baby cupid poo poo, give me more angels who are so terrifying in form they have to cover themselves and constantly tell everyone to not freak the gently caress out about how loving weird and incomprehensible they are

This is really cool. Did they do a ton of drugs back in the day?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Rabbis have brass balls:

quote:

"On that day, Rabbi Eliezer put forward all the arguments in the world, but the Sages did not accept them.

"Finally, he said to them, 'If the halakha is according to me, let that carob­tree prove it.'

"He pointed to a nearby carob-tree, which then moved from its place a hundred cubits, and some say, four hundred cubits. They said to him 'One cannot bring a proof from the moving of a carob-tree.'

"Said Rabbi Eliezer, 'If the halakha is according to me, may that stream of water prove it.'

"The stream of water then turned and flowed in the opposite direction.

"They said to him, 'One cannot bring a proof from the behavior of a stream of water.'

"Said Rabbi Eliezer, 'If the halakha is according to me, may the walls of the House of Study prove it.'

"The walls of the House of Study began to bend inward. Rabbi Joshua then rose up and rebuked the walls of the House of Study, 'If the students of the Wise argue with one another in halakha," he said, "what right have you to interfere?'

"In honor of Rabbi Joshua, the walls ceased to bend inward; but in honor of Rabbi Eliezer, they did not straighten up, and they remain bent to this day.

"Then, said Rabbi Eliezer to the Sages, 'If the halakha is according to me, may a proof come from Heaven.'

"Then a heavenly voice went forth and said, 'What have you to do with Rabbi Eliezer? The halakha is according to him in every place.'

"Then Rabbi Joshua rose up on his feet, and said, 'It is not in the heavens'

"What did he mean by quoting this? Said Rabbi Jeremiah, 'He meant that since the Torah has been given already on Mount Sinai, we do not pay attention to a heavenly voice, for You have written in Your Torah, 'Decide according to the majority'

"Rabbi Nathan met the prophet Elijah. He asked him, 'What was the Holy One, Blessed be He, doing in that hour?'

"Said Elijah, 'He was laughing and saying, "My children have defeated me, my children have defeated me.""'

Two Rabbis are arguing. Eventually God himself shows up to settle the argument, at which point he's told to GTFO because it doesn't concern him

Gentiles couldn't get away with that poo poo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This is funnier if you imagine larry david is one of the sages

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

This is funnier if you imagine larry david is one of the sages

Lol thanks for this

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Would you hang out with an Ophanim? They seem neat.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

quote:

The Talmud further recounts that Og was so large that he sought the destruction of the Israelites by uprooting a mountain huge enough to crush the entire Israelite encampment. The Lord caused a swarm of ants to dig away the center of the mountain, which was resting on Og's head. The mountain then fell onto Og's shoulders. As Og attempted to lift the mountain off himself, the Lord caused Og's teeth to lengthen outward, becoming embedded into the mountain that was now surrounding his head.

Soo.... what DO we know about ZerglingMinor's origins exactly? :aaaaa:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

myDad posted:

Is this LARPing?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Arrhythmia posted:

shut the gently caress up it's time for my favourite talmud story: "The Time God Told A Bunch Of Rabbis The Answer to An Extremely Pedantic Question And The Rabbis Told God to gently caress Off".

this one's a personal favorite. another one i discovered around the same time discusses in great detail a number of extremely unlikely corner cases, involving the question of 'if you trip and accidentally throw a knife with enough force to instantly kill an animal nearby, is that animal's meat kosher?' i just spent the last five minutes searching for it and failed, but if anyone else has any idea what i'm thinking of, i'd appreciate it!

here's another good (bizarre?) bit i found while searching:

CHAPTER XXI.
REGULATIONS CONCERNING THE POURING OUT OF WINE FROM VESSELS COVERED WITH A STONE (WHICH MUST NOT BE LIFTED), AND THE CLEARING OFF OF CRUMBS, ETC., FROM THE TABLE.

quote:

Said R. Jehudah bar Shila in the name of R. Assi, that a box of money was once forgotten in the market and R. Johanan was asked what was to be done. He ordered them to place a loaf of bread or a child on it, and take it in. Said Mar Zutra: "All these rules are laid down in the case of where the things referred to were left by accident." But R. Ashi said, that such is not the case, and that a child or a loaf of bread can be used to move a corpse only.

quote:

MISHNA: The school of Shamai teaches: "Bones and husks may be removed from the table." The school of Hillel, however, teaches: "One may only lift the whole table board (or cloth), and shake off what is left over." All crumbs smaller than an olive may be removed from the table; also the hulls of beans and lentils, because they may serve for fodder. It is allowed to use a sponge for wiping, providing it has a handle made of leather; otherwise, it is not allowed. At all events, one may handle a sponge...

quote:

The pits of dates (Armiassa) to which some of the meat adheres maybe handled, and those of Parsiassa 1 must not be handled. Samuel used to handle the latter with bread, holding to his opinion that anything at all may be done with bread (while others hold that bread should not be put to any uses except for food). Rabba would hold them with a pitcher of water. R. Shesheth would throw them out by means of his tongue, and R. Papa would throw them underneath the bed. It was told of R. Zacharias ben Abkulos, that he would turn his face towards the back of the bed and throw them out with his tongue.

shabbat restrictions could be a whole thread to themselves.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FactsAreUseless posted:

Every single time someone on this forum makes a Dave Barry reference I'm just like "holy poo poo, goons are so loving old."

i absolutely loved dave barry's stuff as a kid. kinda curious how it holds up - haven't read any of it in many years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

:psyduck: it's like they invented an entire divine legal theory to circumvent the will of God as much as possible.

• Locked thread