Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Who are the directors whose work you unintentionally started collecting?

For me, I do not and have not considered myself a Wes Anderson fan. But I must be, because I own five of his movies. I never saw any of his stuff in the theater and usually picked up a movie after a friend recommended it or after watching it at a friend's. And I don't really feel like getting rid of them because I feel like I'll probably watch them again later.

Another one for me was John Carpenter. I went out of my way to get The Thing but didn't really concern myself with getting anything else by him. But looking now I have at least 4 of his movies and will totally buy more of his stuff as I stumble upon it in the wild.

The opposite for me would by Miyazaki films from Stuido Ghibli. I always tried to get his new movies and sought out theaters that showed them when they came out. Another is the Coen Brothers, I always try to see their stuff as it comes out.

What directors do you intentionally and unintentionally collect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread