Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

The greatest annals of film history are lined with pictures that have some of the greatest lines ever committed to celluloid. From Marlin Brando's Stella! to the Godfathers offer you cant refuse great lines in motion pictures have been exciting us, thrilling us, and chilling us, for over a hundred years.

So I ask you this BV, what's the greatest line in all of cinemadom? Me personally I'd have to say Rosebud by Citizen Kane, quite possibly the greatest line delivered in quite possibly the greatest picture ever made. Lets hear yourown lines, fellow cinemaphiles!

Honorable mentions:

"Say goodbye, my little friend!" - Al Pacino, Scarface (1983)

"I feel as though I'm [at the] top of the world!" - Jack, Titanic (1997)

"Take the cookies, leave the gun." -Clemenza, The Godfather Part ii (1978)

"Don't move, freak!" -Robocop, Robocop (1987)

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'd have to say:

"Welcome....to Jurassic Park!"
-Schindler's List (1993)

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
"give me your balls" - plannet terror

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

"Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in." Tony Sirico, The Sopranos

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I'd have to say:

"Welcome....to Jurassic Park!"
-Schindler's List (1993)

That's not a line fromt hat film and you know it. Either answer serious or don't bother wasting both of our time.

"You can't handle the truth!" -Col. Nathan R. Jessep, A Few Good Men, (1992)

Retarded_Clown_ fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 14, 2016

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Guys justs a heads up if you write the wrong quote from the wrong movie it is considered trolling snd I will not hesitate to report your post to a moderator who will then have you banned.

"Bond. James Bond." - James Bond, Dr.No (1962)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

That's not a line fromt hat film and you know it. Either answer serious or don't bother wasting both of our time.

"I'm sorry."
-The Birth of a Nation (1915)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

poo poo, I loved this one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
"Give this man satin undies, a dress, a sweater and a skirt or even the lounging outfit he has on, and he's the happiest individual in the world. He can work better, think better. He can play better. And he can be more of a credit to his community and his government because he is happy. These things are his comfort."

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Palpek posted:

poo poo, I loved this one.

When film quotes are added to the collective concious you really know that it shines. A Few Good Men is one of the finest pictures of the 1990s, if not the 20th century all together.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Welcome to San Francisco" - Vagrant Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

"Welcome to San Francisco" - Vagrant Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan

Pretty sure that was Star Trek iii

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Pretty sure that was Star Trek iii

No, Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock took place on the plan alien planet named Genesis and I'd know even more about this movie if Princess Diana hadn't died when I was a child and interrupted the movie with photos and video of her violent, fiery car crash. This weirdly enough, was the first night I learned how to jerk off

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

When film quotes are added to the collective concious you really know that it shines.
Yeah, like "God drat you, god drat you all to hell" - Charlton Heston, Planet of the Apes. I remember yelling it into the carpet when my Xbox red ringed a second time.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Black Baby Goku posted:

No, Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock took place on the plan alien planet named Genesis and I'd know even more about this movie if Princess Diana hadn't died when I was a child and interrupted the movie with photos and video of her violent, fiery car crash. This weirdly enough, was the first night I learned how to jerk off

No, that's the film. Christopher Lloyd was the lead paparazzi.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
For a time we tried to contact them by radio but no response. Then they attacked a town, a small town I'll admit, but never the less a town of people, people who died.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Black Baby Goku posted:

This weirdly enough, was the first night I learned how to jerk off

"I would like to know more" -Starship Troopers

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Improbable Lobster posted:

For a time we tried to contact them by radio but no response. Then they attacked a town, a small town I'll admit, but never the less a town of people, people who died.

Hmmmmmmm....Invasion of the Body Snatchers?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hmmmmmmm....Invasion of the Body Snatchers?

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Improbable Lobster posted:

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Lol, I met one of the actors from that and several other Wood's film. His name was Conrad Brooks. My father met him at a convention and we 3 met up. He lives in a trailer in West Virginia and when we met up for lunch he had us drive to the race tracks so he could bet on his ponies. He has since directed several films himself, but none you would like to see. I feel privileged to know him. He had a cameo in Burton's Ed Wood as the bartender at the place where Johnny Depp met Orson Wells.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I want to take his face... off.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
So this is a thread of autistics all making the same poo poo joke over and over?

Shouldn't you all be masturbating to anime or something?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

504 posted:

So this is a thread of autistics all making the same poo poo joke over and over?

Shouldn't you all be masturbating to anime or something?

"Shut the gently caress up, Donny." -Walter Solbcheck, The Big Lebowski (1998)

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

"Shut the gently caress up, Donny." -Walter Solbcheck, The Big Lebowski (1998)

Sorry, I meant "Im on my back"

- Spider man 2: Judgment day*

*Inserts DVD of "Lil girl Nazi robot fighters: The anal rape years"

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

what the gently caress dude.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

"Engage." - Captain Jean Luc Picard

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

504 posted:

Sorry, I meant "Im on my back"

- Spider man 2: Judgment day*

*Inserts DVD of "Lil girl Nazi robot fighters: The anal rape years"
:yikes:

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

"Forget it Jake. It's Chinatown." Detective guy, Chinatown 1974

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

"What are you doin' here? You oughta be out in a convertible bird-doggin' chicks and bangin' beaver."

- R.P. McMurphy One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest 1975

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
"Losers stay at home. Winners stay at home and gently caress the prom queen" - Sean Connery, The Rock "Michael Bay" 1996

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Bitches, leave." - Robocop.

"Little Tommy Daggett. How I loved listening to your sweet prayers every night. And then you'd jump in your bed, so afraid I was under there. And I was!" - Lucifer, in The Prophecy.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
"We have to throw momma from the train!" - Throw Momma From the Train

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Here's to Ben

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

“Is nice.” — Borat, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (2006)

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone - if possible - Jew, Gentile - black man - white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness - not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost....

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men - cries out for universal brotherhood - for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world - millions of despairing men, women, and little children - victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people.

To those who can hear me, I say - do not despair. The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish. .....

Soldiers! don’t give yourselves to brutes - men who despise you - enslave you - who regiment your lives - tell you what to do - what to think and what to feel! Who drill you - diet you - treat you like cattle, use you as cannon fodder. Don’t give yourselves to these unnatural men - machine men with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of humanity in your hearts! You don’t hate! Only the unloved hate - the unloved and the unnatural! Soldiers! Don’t fight for slavery! Fight for liberty!

In the 17th Chapter of St Luke it is written: “the Kingdom of God is within man” - not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power - the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

Then - in the name of democracy - let us use that power - let us all unite. Let us fight for a new world - a decent world that will give men a chance to work - that will give youth a future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie! They do not fulfil that promise. They never will!

Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people! Now let us fight to fulfil that promise! Let us fight to free the world - to do away with national barriers - to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men’s happiness. Soldiers! in the name of democracy, let us all unite!

-Freddy in Freddy Got Fingered

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
"If you don't want to live, just die. Boy howdy." - Red, Shawshank Redemption

edit: might be misremembering

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Dec 15, 2016

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
"There is no way out of here. It will be dark soon. There is no way out of here." Torgo, Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
"I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars" - Star Wars

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Jerry Maguire just had its 20th anniversary!! show me the money!!! help me.... help you, and who can forget you had me at hello ???!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

try the new taco place posted:

you had me at hello ???!?

Classic wordcraft in this man's opinion

• Locked thread