Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the most BADASS loving DEMON
Baal
Diablo
Mephisto
the mods
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Picked up the expansion version for PS4 for $5 and it's the best money I've spent in a long time. I played vanilla on PS3 and it was ok but all of the Combos and kill chains and everything else they've added make it super addicting. I'm lvl41 on my crusader playing the story on expert and I'm crushing everything. I love being Tanky

Also I have sent presents to whoever Leftneuron is (sorry) and IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i got back into it because of the current season and i got legs that come out of my back after finishing all the challenges, so all in all i'd say worth it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I don't really understand how ladders and seasons work yet but I'd like to get some imps
Playing this on PS4. Its way too easy solo

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Increase your difficulty if it's too easy then. It'll also give you more and better loot.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

path of exile is better if you want a real diablo game. this is a good distraction, shame its being run by a skeleton crew already

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I play on PS4. It's really good on consoles

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

owl milk posted:

Increase your difficulty if it's too easy then. It'll also give you more and better loot.
go directly to Torment, do not pass GO

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Diablo 3 is probably the best Casual ARPG but I don't like how slowly you get new skills and also how many of them just suck badly.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i guess my only major complaint about the game is how slow you move for what it is, and how all the movement skills are on big dumb cooldowns. just let me dash everywhere

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
It is good. Played through vanilla on 360 at release, twas an excellent week of couch co-op gaming. I wanna get the new GOTY Reaper edition or whatever now that I have a quad

Bobnumerotres posted:

path of exile is better if you want a real diablo game. this is a good distraction, shame its being run by a skeleton crew already

I played PoE years ago when it came out and yeah, it definitely had D2 vibes, but I've never been an advanced Diablo player, so what do you mean by real diablo game?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i guess my only major complaint about the game is how slow you move for what it is, and how all the movement skills are on big dumb cooldowns. just let me dash everywhere
There's an endgame Monk build designed around dashing through everything all the time and murdering every enemy super fast. It's really fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

I played PoE years ago when it came out and yeah, it definitely had D2 vibes, but I've never been an advanced Diablo player, so what do you mean by real diablo game?

i guess that it feels like youre building up a personalized character to tackle new content with instead of waiting for the green beam that quintuples your damage so you can do the same thing over and over at a higher difficulty

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's an endgame Monk build designed around dashing through everything all the time and murdering every enemy super fast. It's really fun.

yeah some of the most fun ive had with the game is the barbarian set that does something really similar, the demon hunter also naturally has a lot of mobility with vault+the passive that gives a huge movespeed boost after vaulting. after playing that its hard to go back to any other class that doesnt even unlock a movement option until the 20s or some poo poo lol.

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 15, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Chill Penguin posted:

PoE isn't strictly superior to D3, mind, just different (and rather closer to D2 than D3 is)--I vastly prefer PoE as it turns out, especially now that they've mostly rid themselves of the loving sync problems
  • Your ability to respec is limited; on the one hand this makes characters unique and encourages variety and lots of playtime, but on the other it means if you gently caress the dog on your build you might not realize it until 10 hours in and getting poo poo stomped in late Cruel, and not be able to avoid rerolling entirely
  • While in D3 your build is defined by your gear choices, in PoE your gear choices are defined by your build--this makes improvements more gradual, rather than D3's "got my 4 piece now I'm p much at peak power plus or minus 1%" or whatever
  • D3 is based on sets and legendaries; PoE doesn't have sets at all and uniques are variably useful, so getting sick rares is the name of the game for most builds. Good because it means you always have a goal to chase, bad because RNG, but this is ameliorated by PoE's trade economy and currency system (PoE has no gold, instead dropping various forms of crafting/gambling items that are used as fiat by the player base)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 15, 2016

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would say PoE and games closer to Diablo 2 are strictly superior because of the fact that the moment you see the endgame of Diablo 3, you realize all the time you spent leveling up for it was an absolute waste because the loot has very little scaling and the difference between 60 and 61 is absurd, let alone 69 to 70. Whereas Diablo 2 it's never really intended that you hit the level cap, and there isn't really whole sets of items and poo poo specifically to make the part where you level up and start playing the real game less tedious, because a much more significant part of the game in D2 is just playing it and gettin through it, and plenty of gear is good for a really long time. Even though the goal is essentially the same, to get the best possible gear and kill all the biggest badass guys as fast as you can, there's something a lot less hollow about having the gear you get before you have the best possible gear in a D2-like.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Once you get to level cap OP you should think about playing offline because a majority of the online player base at that level are hackers and will join your game and instaboost you 2000 levels (not an exaggeraton)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Not to say that getting through diablo 3 isn't like part of the game but because you can just change the difficulty any time and because you don't even have to play the story and because the story doesn't throw any kinds of twists or poo poo to be preparing for and whatever at you anyway and is just a structured vehicle for getting to level 70 and doing rifts for the rest of the season, it just I dunno, isn't quite the same. Even playing on Hardcore or whatever.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

owl milk posted:

I can't go any higher than expert until I beat the first campaign.

Bobnumerotres posted:

I don't enjoy the clicking anymore. Playing on console with a controller is a lot of fun but I wore out my clicking playing d2 as a kid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I voted Baal out of respect to epic afternoons drinking doing baal runs with my friend with a telesorc who had a map hack.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said, I liked being a whirlwind barbarian and I like giving a Witch Doctor a run every couple seasons.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I like playing Diablo 3 because it's basically a slightly more involved idle game. I don't know why but I just love numbers going up and that's all I need to have a good time some days. Especially with some Weed. :twisted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I voted Baal out of respect to epic afternoons drinking doing baal runs with my friend with a telesorc who had a map hack.

I think Diablo is the coolest looking. Baal and Mephisto if you look closely are essentially demonic court jesters. But Diablo is a badass hell dinosaur, and much easier for me to identify with.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I enjoyed playing this game for finding the uniques and seeing the cool powers they had but then I found the cube that tells you all the weapon's powers and over time my willpower broke down and I just started looking at them all to see which one I would try to gamble blood stones or whatever for and all the mystique was sucked out of the game for me so I started feeling meh about it.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The PS4 version controls feel great and natural, and I never really cared much for the PC controls. A controller turns it into a couch game like a modern Gauntlet.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The other thing that hit home is my friend who admitted to me that his softcore off-ladder character has basically the best possible poo poo on it and he's seen every legendary five thousand times so all he does when he gets in Diablo 3 Moods is go on and see what funny names the rares get so he can post [Cat's Torment] in his discord channel and laugh, I imagine hollowly, about it lmfao.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

i was briefly the cool kid in middle school cause i had a drop mod that made every enemy vomit big gobs of uniques and sets

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

The other thing that hit home is my friend who admitted to me that his softcore off-ladder character has basically the best possible poo poo on it and he's seen every legendary five thousand times so all he does when he gets in Diablo 3 Moods is go on and see what funny names the rares get so he can post [Cat's Torment] in his discord channel and laugh, I imagine hollowly, about it lmfao.

hahahaha

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got my friend in elementary school hooked on this with me and he admitted to me that his brother taught him how to "comb" by furiously rubbing your dick really hard like your trying to start a fire in a cartoon, like rolling it back and forth but he couldn't get it to make the comb come out so all he did was hurt his dilz.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah, diablo 3 is just insanely shallow lol. it feels good when you finally complete that uber set and vaporize torment 6+ before the engine is even done rendering the mobs but then you have the choice of getting some more marginal upgrades to slowly creep up the T levels with everything else remaining the same or accept that you've done everything there is to do

it'd be nice if bliz wasn't so obviously over the game too. im guessing the necro is gonna be an experiment to see if theres any interest left before they add some real content or work on another big expansion

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
*diablo 3 became a good game

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Diablo 3 is really fun but doesn't have the longevity that D2 had. Path of Exile seems to be better in that department but for whatever reason it never clicked with me.

Frankly at this point the only Diablo game I feel like playing at all is the first one. Still the best IMO.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

dude i love diablo when I was really big in the weird twitter scene before i had to suddenly disappear for shady reasons my handle was Egdar Allen PoE

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought Diablo 3 pre-order back when it first came out and I haven't ever finished Act 2. That's how lazy I am. Thanks and god bless.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I preordered the collector's edition and I still have the diablo head with USB Device With Pre Installed Diablo 2 For D2 Gaming On The Go.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looking back it's freakin wild how much the beta made the game seem like it was gonna be so sick lol.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Wormskull posted:

I got my friend in elementary school hooked on this with me and he admitted to me that his brother taught him how to "comb" by furiously rubbing your dick really hard like your trying to start a fire in a cartoon, like rolling it back and forth but he couldn't get it to make the comb come out so all he did was hurt his dilz.

Dilzablo 3

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i played the season that rifts were announced, and it was pretty cool. i got a crusader up to torment, and then couldn't find the items to be survive for very long there, so i quit

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'll keep combing.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Looking back it's freakin wild how much the beta made the game seem like it was gonna be so sick lol.

there was no way of knowing the first 5% of the game was easily its peak lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

• Locked thread