Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the most BADASS loving DEMON
Baal
Diablo
Mephisto
the mods
View Results

• Locked thread
Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

D2 has been on my PC in one way or another since high school.

I always wanted to read some insider scoop about why D3 was so jacked at launch, but I honestly think the Blizz team just hosed it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jay wilson was a dumbass and blizz trusted him too much w/ a lot of money. pretty much sums it up

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

mr. wilson's neighborhood was essentially the projects

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thunder Sheep posted:

D2 has been on my PC in one way or another since high school.

I always wanted to read some insider scoop about why D3 was so jacked at launch, but I honestly think the Blizz team just hosed it up.

Oh word?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it seems like they built a lot of the game around the RMAH, and when people hated it they had to reevaluate

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i've never really gotten into any diablolike games. i got a bit into diablo 2 but i got bored

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

PoE is better than D3 actually because D3 doesn't let you do really stupid poo poo like vaal a skyforth

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

D3 on console is aces as hell, though, didn't expect an arpg to control on controller as well as they set it up

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i've never really gotten into any diablolike games. i got a bit into diablo 2 but i got bored

Im the same way, I love really tactical rpgs and over the shoulder action rpgs but combine the two and I just dont get engaged at all

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Control Volume posted:

Im the same way, I love really tactical rpgs and over the shoulder action rpgs but combine the two and I just dont get engaged at all

yeah, definitely vibing with the description of diablo clones as part "tactical RPGs"

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

owl milk posted:

Increase your difficulty if it's too easy then. It'll also give you more and better loot.

hardcore only

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, definitely vibing with the description of diablo clones as part "tactical RPGs"

MEant things like baldurs gate or neverwinter nights where you can pause and issue commands and stuff

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

season 8 is ending like a month in lol. idg why they can't just release the patch without starting a new season, like 5 people total care about the ranks

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Finished act 5 and some guy powerleveled me from paragon 1-400 in my first rift lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Picked up the expansion version for PS4 for $5 and it's the best money I've spent in a long time. I played vanilla on PS3 and it was ok but all of the Combos and kill chains and everything else they've added make it super addicting. I'm lvl41 on my crusader playing the story on expert and I'm crushing everything. I love being Tanky

Also I have sent presents to whoever Leftneuron is (sorry) and IT

Oh hell yeah I never get presents

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wish they ported console controls across to the pc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

>MRW new wep drops with 9 greeen arrows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL_AxZBIUAs&t=12s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

new season starts jan6

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Bobnumerotres posted:

new season starts jan6

You gonna play hardcore?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my last experience with hc was pouring like 25+ hours into a monk on the cusp of completing some OP rear end set, the servers crashed and when i loaded the game again it was dead

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

new season starts jan6

hell yeah

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I thought I didn't like the endgame because I thought all you did was complete sets and incrementally raise numbers but now I see that what you're really supposed to do is figure out all the insane ways you can break the game by combining powers. For instance: my crusader has a powerful aoe on a 60 second cooldown but I got a power that casts it on a random enemy every eight seconds. Then I got another power that reduces damage taken by 50% for 20 seconds which would be nice normally but since it re casts every 8 seconds I'm practically invincible

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I thought I didn't like the endgame because I thought all you did was complete sets and incrementally raise numbers but now I see that what you're really supposed to do is figure out all the insane ways you can break the game by combining powers. For instance: my crusader has a powerful aoe on a 60 second cooldown but I got a power that casts it on a random enemy every eight seconds. Then I got another power that reduces damage taken by 50% for 20 seconds which would be nice normally but since it re casts every 8 seconds I'm practically invincible

Yep and once you get all those items you grind for a version of the item that has a .00000001 percent change to drop, then do it 12 more times. then you go back to farming paragon levels.....

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Bobnumerotres posted:

my last experience with hc was pouring like 25+ hours into a monk on the cusp of completing some OP rear end set, the servers crashed and when i loaded the game again it was dead

That prolly won't happen this time.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Diablo 3 will finally be good when I can play Necromancer

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Taking a leisurely stroll while super fast skeletons run around whacking everything is the most fun play-style.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new season will also have the tristram event in it. i wonder if itll really be the whole dungeon, or at least a floor representing each layer

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

the new season will also have the tristram event in it. i wonder if itll really be the whole dungeon, or at least a floor representing each layer

Already did it in the ptr, the graphics and everything are cool and retro looking but it just uses the Diablo 3 tile-sets from act 1, it doesn't feel anything like Diablo 1.

The_Frag_Man posted:

Taking a leisurely stroll while super fast skeletons run around whacking everything is the most fun play-style.

WD been doin this for a while now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Already did it in the ptr, the graphics and everything are cool and retro looking but it just uses the Diablo 3 tile-sets from act 1, it doesn't feel anything like Diablo 1.

laughing at this but im also that one shot from arrested development

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's cool that Blizzard is doing the Valve thing of milking nostalgia for their older, better games without actually making anything new

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

It's cool that Blizzard is doing the Valve thing of milking nostalgia for their older, better games without actually making anything new

They released a brand new IP like a few months ago??

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, overwatch is 100% new characters, and tons of people love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also that's not what valve does either, they just don't make games anymore

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, overwatch is 100% new characters, and tons of people love it

Fun fact it was built from the assets created for the TITAN MMO that was supposed to succeed WoW but was eventually shut down for whatever reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got curious and looked up the tristram event on youtube..i guess they do use the d3 tile sets but the retro filter everything is in looks really sick lol. gonna avoid watching the whole playthrough but someone clearly put care into how it looks

• Locked thread