Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Scarface is a 1983 American crime film directed by Brian De Palma and written by Oliver Stone, a remake of the 1932 film of the same name.

It is also incredibly beloved. It's images are memorialized in many mediums; from novelty clocks to t shirts.

Let's discuss why we think this film is so beloved as well as share as many examples of memorabilia and fan art as we can find. Feel free to post Godfather poo poo too.

EXAMPLES:

Also, who the gently caress ever heard of a Cuban named Montana.....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

This thread is like one big chicken waiting to get plucked.

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Carlito's Way is the better De Palma film starring Pacino.

however it's poster adorned many a college dorm room in the 90's and early 2000's, second only to Fight Club.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The Howard Hawks original is way better.

Even better, it's pre-code, so it's really violent for a 30s film and still has the incest angle.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Got Scarface on repeat, constant y'all

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I'd poo poo thru that any day

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Wanna buy this jacket.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
the scarface game was really good. there was dismemberment, you could press a button for tony to spew one liners, there was a conversation mechanic where if you gently caress it up you can pretend that tony's a total sperglord, plus it was a nice change of pace for an open world crime game to refuse to let you shoot random people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
It really was pretty good for its time, although it didn't stand a chance against GTAVC. I love that during the tutorial they show you that there's a button to call the guy a focking cockaroach. Lots of video game protagonists can go apeshit with a machinegun and there's nothing stopping you from saying "shay hello to my leetle friend" at your computer screen while you're doing it, but Scarface is the only game I've ever played that dedicates a button to it. Voice actor was a really good Pacino imitator too.

Also Tony turned around and called me a spineless cabron for wanting to kill women and children like at least a decade before Spec Ops The Line.

• Locked thread