Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
You spelled it wrong on purpose. It's going to bother people. I'm sure that's the point.

Anyway, I'm seeing it this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Well, thanks to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them my bar has been set so low that it is practically in hell.

I was not so horribly offended and sickened by it that I asked for a refund.

Storm Troopers still have poo poo accuracy.
Why do they even WEAR armor it doesn't protect them from anything.
Appreciated that the Rebels are no longer ultimate goody good guys and it's established that they definitely did their own version of hosed up poo poo.
Did not appreciate the girl and the guy kind of falling in love pretty much out of nowhere.

In general it was eh. Not bad. But eh.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
I liked that they made a whole movie just to confirm a fan theory. (This is not true, they made a whole movie based on a fan theory for MONEY. :homebrew:)

I like that they made light sabers being powered by crystals canon. That poo poo was established in KOTOR.

Pushing buttons is just want Strong Female Protagonists do best.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

They also killed Kyle Katarn!

Dark forces - aka doom clone

First level Kyle Katarn steals the death star plans by HIMSELF BITCH!
Rest of the game he fights the dark troopers project, I wonder if the bad guy's guard unit was any relation to this because they talked in mumbled sounds just like dark troopers did. I doubt it was.

Dark forces 2 - I cant even remember what games were out but 3d fps games were now the norm

Kyle Katarn finds out hes also a jedi. There's a funny boss that had his whole lower body cut off, so hes like a flying robot man with no legs fighting you with a lightsaber. Its just the worse looking thing ever and I can not find a picture to show people. In the intro movie the guy gets cut in half to make him. Hes not even the main bad guy either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lah4fUDlp0

People complain that Disney is just gonna make a bunch of garbage content, but guess what the 90s of star wars games already happened!

Many turbo nerds were sad when Lucas declared the Extended Universe and video games non-canon and "just for fun." But now Disney is going to cherry pick and mine for gold* out of EU/Video game content to make more movies for mad cash.

Effectively making some of the crazy bullshit in those properties canon. Since Lucas said only things in the movies are canon.

*calling it gold is overly generous.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

I dont get why people are mad about the darth vader puns?

Seriously. Vader is Super McCoolguy Edgelord Supreme. He is literally a character a 12 year old boy would create when asked or inspired to make just the coolest and most badass character ever.

Of course he's gonna make some loving puns. He's so drat cool, you guys!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Stupid sexy stormtroopers.

:golfclap:

Halo: Reach guy is right btw.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
I want to take this moment to remind you all that Disney's greed is the only chance we have of making some of the hosed up poo poo from the fandom and Extended Universe canon.

Come on Disney, put the big tittied cat girl aliens in a movie. You can do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

The original EU is hilariously awful and the best thing Disney has done for star wars has been dumping it.

Why do you hate fun?

• Locked thread