Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoyed it OP, it's a mixed bag with some stupid stuff in it but so is every single other Star Wars movie except like ANH and Empire

More entertaining than the prequels and more interesting to look at than TFA imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

free basket of chips posted:

Did anyone else think Darth Vaders dad joke was a bit out of character?

Not really. I always read him as an outwardly smug character in the OT, probably because he knows he's the baddest motherfucker in the galaxy and has a greater power at his disposal than any fleet or whatever. He's not a comedian, but the confidence to make a joke in front of a subordinate (which is still an extremely dark joke about him killing the guy in question) is what really differentiates Vader from Kylo Ren and makes the latter seem so goofy and pathetic.

Also if "Father" is literally part of your name I think you get to make dad jokes. Same goes for Catholic priests, if they want to.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
honestly stormtrooper armor being lovely makes perfect sense with what we know about the empire imo

it's probably mass-produced garbage (like tie fighters, which are strictly inferior to the fighters the alliance uses) because the empire is about soulless industrial militarism, and it's important for them to look intimidating and project power even if they're inept and lovely soldiers because the empire is fascist (so the look means more than the functionality)

• Locked thread