Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Squalid posted:

This seems plausible but I don't know how much law enforcement and prison guards are actually doing to fight legalization, certainly they're not putting money down. Dayton's response seems like the most typical; politicians want to keep the status quo, but above all else they REALLY don't want to have to take a firm position. Any excuse to pass the buck.
the ag is going to crack down and legal weed is gone, you dumbasses forgot what it was like pre-obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Legitimately I think "Monetize it" will be the Trump slogan not ban it. Sell weed in the drug store and put a 40% tax on it and the government gets huge cash.

Actually it'd not be the worst idea he ever had.

He's appointing Sessions as AG dude

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Blazing Ownager posted:

Legitimately I think "Monetize it" will be the Trump slogan not ban it. Sell weed in the drug store and put a 40% tax on it and the government gets huge cash.

Actually it'd not be the worst idea he ever had.

Just want to call out this post from December as being hilarious

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

zen death robot posted:

That pivot is happening any day now right?!!!?!?
gonna treat the country like a business

he is a business man you see

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

That Robot posted:

what is cspam's opinion in regards to trump's marijuana policy?

he seemed to be okay with states deciding things during the election said said he supported medical marijuana "one hundred percent", but he nominated noted buzzkill jeff beauregard sessions as attorney general

is legal weed hosed y/n?

i would hope they leave medical alone at least, coz i like my card

verdict is in

quote:

Law enforcement officials say that Sessions and Cook are preparing a plan to prosecute more drug and gun cases and pursue mandatory minimum sentences. The two men are eager to bring back the national crime strategy of the 1980s and ’90s from the peak of the drug war, an approach that had fallen out of favor in recent years as minority communities grappled with the effects of mass incarceration.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b3a3_story.html

• Locked thread