Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dang it's gonna take a while to save up enough Google rewards points for $10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Yea they're easy to get. In fact, I'd recommend going through the tour paying modest attention to the pink coin challenge so you stockpile a few extra for the Toad Rally. From there, you start playing Toad Rally and buying stuff for the Kingdom Builder. Once you've acquired enough Toads for special buildings like Bonus Rooms and ?-Blocks, you can check em periodically to get more Plaza Tickets. (I got 30 today just from checking the blocks.)

This game offers no way to buy Plaza Tickets with real money. If you somehow run out, you can trade Platinum Points for tickets on My Nintendo.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I ain't payed Nintendo my MARIO ransom yet, do the tickets come fast and easy with the full game?

I have 100 just from clearing all the levels (without special coins) once.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
It's actually become a problem for me to spend enough tickets before I hit the cap at 99. So don't worry about running out of plaza tickets :v:

My ID: 3149-4150-0373

Roadie posted:

Friend codes are the dumbest thing in the world and somebody at Nintendo should get fired for including them.

You can just directly send friend requests to Facebook/Twitter friends and you are actually alerted when someone tries to add you, so it's not quite as bad as the DS setup.

Why your Miiverse friends aren't automatically included, who knows. I'm sure they'll have that sorted out before the Switch is out.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to decorate my kingdom to look exactly like the "Kingdom Past" picture that shows when you click the castle, only to find out that there's no white flowers to buy.

Anyone know if it actually does anything if you match them up?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Just got 70 plaza tickets from kingdom ?-blocks in one go. Yea they never want you to run out

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Apparently a christmas event just went live and you can get some new items for kingdom builder. Sucks for folks like me who can't get the game yet but there ya go :v:

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to decorate my kingdom to look exactly like the "Kingdom Past" picture that shows when you click the castle, only to find out that there's no white flowers to buy.

Anyone know if it actually does anything if you match them up?

You can buy white flower patches in the my nintendo screen, where you unlocked toad. Let us know if it does anything when you match it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Spellman posted:

(yes this game uses Friend Codes)

:suicide:

HateCrimeDoxNet
Dec 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
CRAZY GARBAGE

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 19, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Same

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 19, 2016

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

hyperbowl posted:

You can buy white flower patches in the my nintendo screen, where you unlocked toad. Let us know if it does anything when you match it.
Perfect match doesn't appear to actually do anything at level 10. I guess I'll just keep working on leveling up.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I've added all posted codes. Mine is 0509-5578-4797.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I just installed my first '?' block and it sure is generous with tickets. I'm sure going to be able to lose a lot of Toads this way!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Added everyone else in the thread. You can add me at 4664-0980-4880.

This game is surprisingly fun. I usually hate phone games.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there any reason to play with the kingdom builder? Because aside from the three special pipes, I'm not going to touch this if it doesn't unlock a dope set of special courses.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Argue posted:

Is there any reason to play with the kingdom builder? Because aside from the three special pipes, I'm not going to touch this if it doesn't unlock a dope set of special courses.

You unlock rainbow bridges to build more stuff. But other than the special buildings it doesn't seem like there's much point to it, no.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Argue posted:

There are buildings that unlock characters and bonus buildings which can give you coins and tickets every eight hours but you do not have to do the decoration stuff really, no.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Argue posted:

As far as I can tell the special pipes are simply just one single bonus level, which is kind of disappointing with how much effort it took to get every single colored coin.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

It seems like a good idea to not continue past world 3 while rallying, i stopped there and just rallied until i unlocked luigi. The ghost house/purple toads are much easier to win if you reach the room with the red circle in it, if you grab 5 red coins in time you get a star and at the top of that room is a gigantic pile of coins that'll allow you to win no matter what because most of the time your opponent is stuck in the previous room trying to get out.

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Having fun, especially collecting all the black coins, but the game seems pretty shallow. Hope they've got more to it coming down the pipe.

8612-4274-1063

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Finally picked up the full game; time to start adding some goon friends!

My friend code is 7242-4618-7360

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
So is this game just playing airship toad rally until I unlock Toadette?

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome
Anyone get all the coins from the special courses?

Edit: Looking at you SuperHappy!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Deadly Mongoose posted:

I'm methodically gathering the coins in each stage in order. Once I get through World 2, I should be able to get all colours of Toad from the Rally and I'm going to try and farm up enough to unlock Yoshi & Luigi.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Deadly Mongoose posted:

Yeah, nothing happens.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

The spike in difficulty for the black coin bonus pipe level compared to the rest of the game is ridiculous. I hope we get some more like it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Want some really hosed up hard poo poo.

Also princess supremacy on airship stages, been farming 9999 dudes all day.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I found playing as Yoshi awkward, but I finally unlocked Luigi after considerable grinding and he is great.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Android pre-registration is live: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zara

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bill Barber posted:

Perfect match doesn't appear to actually do anything at level 10. I guess I'll just keep working on leveling up.

Nothing in the kingdom matters at all it seems. I've unlocked everything but the 8-bit Luigi statue and set up the main island exactly like in the picture (with the bonus cake) and didn't get a message or anything. A bonus set of worlds beyond the three pipes would have been cool, but oh well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

What does pre-registration do?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

elf help book posted:

What does pre-registration do?

Sends a notification a few hours after you read on the internet the game is available for download.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Cheeto posted:

So is this game just playing airship toad rally until I unlock Toadette?

The airship rally is the only one really worth playing, IMO. Just a heads up, once you hit 9999 you stop gaining more toads, and no matter how many you earn per run the game just shifts toads around kinda randomly (a run where I earned 19 red and 17 green toads netted me +7 red, +9 green, and took away from the others). If you don't balance things, getting some of the last color-specific buildings will end up being a huge pain in the rear end.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

IT TRAPPED ME

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Man, I just unlocked the black coin bonus level and nope nope nope

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Kevyn posted:

Man, I just unlocked the black coin bonus level and nope nope nope
It's actually pretty fun. It's not impossibly challenging but it still makes you feel like you've accomplished something when you finally beat it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This thing desperately needs more levels. Free, paid, whatever, just don't let it languish like this Nintendo.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This thing desperately needs more levels. Free, paid, whatever, just don't let it languish like this Nintendo.

They need to add ICE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Android version's coming in March:
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/821859181435027461

• Locked thread