Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Super Mario Run, out now on iOS, "later" on Android:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTglyDBdp-A

It's a runner but it's not an endless runner, aside from the async multiplayer mode that's an endless runner!

It's free to download but there's a $10 paywall BUT there's no other microtransactions/IAP!

It's played entirely in portrait mode with one finger!

There's a tacked-on kingdom-building metagame that isn't interesting and also isn't trying to milk gullible people into spending more money so why is it even there?

It uses New Super Mario Bros. art/music because that's just what Mario is now, I guess!

Mario vaults over goombas if he runs into them but you probably didn't want to kill them anyhow!

Nintendo's stocks are crashing because all their stupid investors are mad it's not f2p!

Let's talk and have fun with Mario and friends, everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It is.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

jivjov posted:

Someone posted a guide to unlocking all the playable characters in one of the other Nintendo threads; but I can't track it down again. Anyone have it handy?

Peach: beat all the levels

Toad: link to My Nintendo

Yoshi: collect 30 Red Toads and 30 Yellow Toads in Toad Rally and buy the "Yoshi's House" item in My Kingdom

Luigi: collect 150 Green Toads and 150 Purple Toads in Toad Rally and buy the "Luigi's House" item in My Kingdom

Toadette: collect 200 Red Toads, 200 Blue Toads, 200 Green Toads, 200 Purple Toads and 200 Yellow Toads in Toad Rally and buy the "Toadette's House" item in My Kingdom

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think this game is good for what it is but I have a feeling it won't do that well and Nintendo won't make many phone games after the ones they announced.

You can search for this game on Twitter or elsewhere and see endless complaints about how expensive it is and how people feel like they've been tricked because it's not f2p, but I think that'll dissipate pretty quickly.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Looper posted:

are there seriously friend codes lmao

A ton of Japanese phone games rely on ID number bullshit, it's not just Nintendo being dumb. You can import people from twitter/facebook.

widespread posted:

Also does the :10bux: come with any future packs or just the first six worlds.

We don't know and noone bothered to ask Miyamoto about this on his recent press tour.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can't play this till the exclusivity runs out but I'm curious, what's Toad and Toadettes "power?"

I heard Luigi jumps higher and Peach has her float but dunno what those two do.

Toad runs faster.

Toadette controls identically to Mario but playing as her in Toad Rush will convert some of your opponents' toads to your side during the score tally or something.

Peach/Toad/Yoshi/Toadette are all one-hit characters that don't grow when they collect mushrooms like Mario and Luigi.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Android pre-registration is live: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nintendo.zara

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This thing desperately needs more levels. Free, paid, whatever, just don't let it languish like this Nintendo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Android version's coming in March:
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/821859181435027461

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The game got updated with an easy mode, a Golden Goomba stamp rally-type event and some other stuff but no real new content.

At their last investors' briefing, they said they plan to extend the life of the game by adding more tutorials, how to play videos, more descriptions of the content you get for upgrading to the full game, etc - in other words, they're putting their efforts into getting people to buy the game and not into adding more genuine content.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Android version (and a 2.0 content update) will finally be released on March 23.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Android version's out now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendo knows they're leaving money on the table with this game and they don't care: http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Nintendo-chases-more-than-profit-with-Super-Mario-Run

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why do they keep holding promotions as if there's anything left to see or do in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This game is finally getting a real content update next week:

• Locked thread