Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
I like this game, but it's one of those games that has a problem where there's a part they put a lot of thought into (the main campaign), and a part where they didn't (the Toad Rallies)... and nearly all the unlockables are in the latter part. If you want to play as Toadette, have fun grinding the random airship stage 100 times, hoping you get the paths with the stars.

It's not terrible, but it's a bit of a slog, and there's more crapshoot luck involved than there should be. And for the part of the game that's ostensibly multiplayer, it doesn't feel much like a competition. You're battling the other player's ghost, with no way to interact, grief, or hinder their progress so in the end it's really just a random 1-player course wth a random score you need to beat in the end; one that hopefully isn't too high.

But yeah, the main game is fine, and I like the multiple coin challenges as well. Would be nice if they added a way to get Toads in that mode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

The airship Toad Rally was a ton easier before I cleared World 3. Because up until then, all the random sections contained guaranteed stars. Now that I beat the game, it's a total crapshoot and I keep running into opponents who somehow get the star from the random blocks 80% of the time when I only ever get mushrooms.

So basically, the game punishes you for getting far in the game, lol.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

It's actually become a problem for me to spend enough tickets before I hit the cap at 99. So don't worry about running out of plaza tickets :v:

My ID: 3149-4150-0373

Roadie posted:

Friend codes are the dumbest thing in the world and somebody at Nintendo should get fired for including them.

You can just directly send friend requests to Facebook/Twitter friends and you are actually alerted when someone tries to add you, so it's not quite as bad as the DS setup.

Why your Miiverse friends aren't automatically included, who knows. I'm sure they'll have that sorted out before the Switch is out.

• Locked thread