Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

oh my word, the internet!
Doing poo poo for myself:

-Grow and maintain emergency fund at $15K. Nearly there ($13.5K).
-Automatic deposit into separate savings account for semiannual expenses like home/car repair, vet bills, etc. $150/mo.
-Save up $1.7K in cash for a ring (should complete by next month).
-Put $3K in Roth IRA (already 2/3 there).
-Grow side business to minimum 1/3 of my net annual income. Pay business expenses entirely from the business itself and not my personal funds.
-Save up $1K for Dragon Con and a couple other trips. When I've saved up for my ring, I can divert some of those savings here, I guess.

I originally planned to quit my day job and work full time on my own business, but I don't think that's feasible now, and tbh I'm reluctant to give up a steady income and benefits in the forthcoming Age of Darkness.

Doing poo poo for others:

-$100/mo. for my niece's college fund.
-$30/mo. for a friend's phone bill until she's back on her feet.
-$50/mo. for charity bc poo poo I care about is in trouble now.
-Go to my sister's wedding and be a bridesmaid :woop:

I'm not good at tracking my spending down to the last penny, and honestly I'm not gonna try this year. I know what I spend on average in a month, and I almost always come in under budget. My day-to-day life is pretty spartan so I don't spend a lot of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread