Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
2017 Goals:

Continue to max my TSP and IRA
Max Healthcare FSA and Childcare FSA
Complete financial planning (will, medical directives)
Continue on IBR on my student loans for PSLF
Establish and fund 529 plan, minimum $100/month. I expect to contribute more but we don't gain anything from the state tax deduction so it's not a huge priority compared to the retirement savings.

Stretch goals:
Pay off wife's student loans (approx $29K)
Max wife IRA
Contribute to wife 401k once it's established

Tyro fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
MW crew wassup. CadmiumKoala here.

I was not feeling good about my goals, money is tight and I haven't been getting nearly as much overtime so far this year as I expected, but on review I am meeting all the non-stretch goals so far. And that reminds me to get off my rear end and mail the financial planning stuff to my lawyer this week.

Tyro posted:

2017 Goals:

Continue to max my TSP and IRA
Max Healthcare FSA and Childcare FSA
Complete financial planning (will, medical directives)
Continue on IBR on my student loans for PSLF
Establish and fund 529 plan, minimum $100/month. I expect to contribute more but we don't gain anything from the state tax deduction so it's not a huge priority compared to the retirement savings.

Stretch goals:
Pay off wife's student loans (approx $29K)
Max wife IRA
Contribute to wife 401k once it's established

• Locked thread