Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fartzilla
Dec 30, 2009

how disgusting
Hi everyone, I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

My goals for 2016 were way more aggressive than my 2017 goals. I wanted to save a butt ton, and came reasonably close through a combination of 401k contributions and investing through my Vanguard account. But my priorities shifted midway through the year and I ended up wanting to beef up my emergency cash reserves, so I started dumping most of my non-retirement savings into an Ally savings account. I essentially hit my numbers goal but not my new mid-year cash savings goal.

2017 financial goals:
* Max out my 401k.
* Contribute to savings until my net worth is 9% cash (currently 6.4%).
* Hit the 9% cash goal by mid-year, then switch back to buying Vanguard funds.
* Chill out on saving a little. I was too aggressive in 2016 and my hobbies and interests languished as a result.

2017 life goals:
* Learn some hard piano pieces.
* Write some music and learn music theory. I just turned 30 loving 1 and I've been interested in it for too long and I'm not getting any younger dammit
* Exercise, eat better, stick to a mostly vegetarian diet for a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread