Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

Proposition Castle posted:

Putting this in writing so I can hit this goal and hopefully next year's:

2016:
Get student loan payments down from $1304.62 to $1200 per month.
Bad napkin math (85 months left * 104.62) shows about a $9000 overpayment needed by the end of the year. This is only doable with a lot of butt-clenching.

2017:
Maintain $2400 per month on the loans.
Put all overtime towards loans with a goal of reducing the payment to $970 per month.
Why $970? More bad math shows this would allow me to continue paying the loans off with double the monthly payment while automating contributions to a Roth IRA.

With two paychecks in 2016 left the loan payment is down to $1100. Edit: after submitting the recalculation request the payment is $1050

I SAY, gently caress YOU JO-BOU, I DO IT MYSELF.

new 2017 goal: Dave Ramsey the gently caress out of the rest of the loans. $62000 to go.

Proposition Castle fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

With two paychecks in 2016 left the loan payment is down to $1100. Edit: after submitting the recalculation request the payment is $1050

I SAY, gently caress YOU JO-BOU, I DO IT MYSELF.

new 2017 goal: Dave Ramsey the gently caress out of the rest of the loans. $62000 to go.

Down to $47,700 and my discipline is cracking real bad. Also I hate my job and am really close to walking out.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.
Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll spend my vacation trying to find something new.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

Down to $47,700 and my discipline is cracking real bad. Also I hate my job and am really close to walking out.

Finished. Just submitted my last payment and have had the opposite of a panic attack for the last 20 minutes. Gonna play my trombone now so there's at least some sort of fanfare.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

IllegallySober posted:

You killed $47K of loans in like five months? That's seriously impressive.

I worked a ton of overtime and had a good quarterly bonus put me over the top.

• Locked thread