Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Goals for 2017:
- Max out IRAs
- Max out i401ks
- Get tax poo poo together on time this year for business
- Apply for new health care with subsidies before Trump poo poo hits the fan
- Track spending and passive income to get a clearer picture of what we should be budgeting for to spend down less than $30k of our savings annually after this year
- Paint the outside of our house ourselves to get it done cheaply (the last major project for our house)
- Start a blog for fun/profit/keeping my writing skills sharp. One post per month at least.
- Write one novel (only one!) by Christmas time for my MIL
- Get involved in the homeschooling community to see what it's like and to build my social network out.
- Invite more people over to our house for dinner/potlucks.

I'm basically a stay at home mom now, and it's weird to not have a ton of stuff going on, but babies take a lot of work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moana
Jun 18, 2005

AndrewP posted:

- IRAs! I am GOING TO SET THEM UP THIS YEAR GODDAMMIT and max them out.
This takes like what, an hour? Get it done this weekend and max it for last year before you file your taxes. DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Congrats on the babby, Guest!

spinst posted:

Moved this month. :homebrew: Love the new place - hoping to stay here until I'm ready to buy!
Where did you move to?

Update:

moana posted:

Goals for 2017:
- Max out IRAs
- Max out i401ks
- Get tax poo poo together on time this year for business DONE
- Apply for new health care with subsidies before Trump poo poo hits the fan
- Track spending and passive income to get a clearer picture of what we should be budgeting for to spend down less than $30k of our savings annually after this year
- Paint the outside of our house ourselves to get it done cheaply (the last major project for our house)
- Start a blog for fun/profit/keeping my writing skills sharp. One post per month at least.
- Write one novel (only one!) by Christmas time for my MIL
- Get involved in the homeschooling community to see what it's like and to build my social network out.
- Invite more people over to our house for dinner/potlucks.

Hahahaha, I'm not doing any of these goals except the novel. We're spending so much more money than I thought - like $5k/month. I might need to do a case study breakdown to see if we can live sustainably like this, because right now we only have like $1k or so for income. I'm considering either me or the husband getting a part time job at a place that gives health insurance to part timers (like Starbucks or Lowes).

I guess my goal for this month is to reapply for health insurance.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

Whatever, congrats to everyone on track with their goals!

I've spent a whole year keeping a baby alive, and it's been pretty great! I'm only about a third of the way through the novel I'm writing for my MIL, going to ramp that up this month and next to try and get er dun before Christmas. The one major thing I got done: switching health insurance, which ended up saving us $1k a month (now that we don't have very much income). Woo!

• Locked thread