Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I'm a little late to the party, as I just got back from one of the weirder economies I've experienced. Where a great dinner for two can be under $10 while a 750 square foot not-luxury condo nearby can be $1.4 million. Shanghai

2016 was pretty successful for me, goal-wise. Cleared a lot of debt and built a positive net-worth. But I quit my job! The full-time one, at least. I need to finish the CPA exam, and 60 hour weeks were not helping. I don't have many monetary goals because my income will only be around $1,200 a month after taxes.

Monetary goals:

1. Pay off $3,000 credit card debt by June when it loses the 0% into APR

2. Keep around $6,000 to pay cash for first grad school semester in the summer or (probably) fall

3. Limit dining out, including fast food/prepared meals, to one meal a week max, with all the extra time I'll have to plan meals.

Non-monetary:

1. Pass the CPA exam.

2. Pass the CPA exam.

3. Lose some weight. Same old story- long hours sitting at a desk, getting fat. I know I just mentioned fast food, but it's more the lack of exercise what I've been eating.

4. Get a new job once I finish all or most of the CPA exam

5. Improve my mandarin. That was a poor showing around my girlfriend's family. 马马虎虎 :downs:

6. Work on career skill development. LinkedIn/networking thread, salary negotiation thread, Toastmasters, etc

Stretch goals: On the off chance I get a new full-time job and can spare money for retirement, I'll contribute to 401k for the match, or my IRA. We'll see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread