Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Yeah, I've ditched ghost bullets at least once because I got a gun that it completely messed with. Thankfully you can ditch items you don't want anymore, unlike in Isaac where you're stuck with every passive you pick up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

That one's a jammed Spent.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Munchers are emergency use only, yeah. They're not worth it unless you have no other option.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Her name is still Meduzi, guys. Her title is Gorgun. From the Ammonomicon:

quote:

The Gorgun, Meduzi, has been the end of many novice Gungeoneers.

Her presence can temporarily turn firing mechanisms to stone, and her shrieks call forth bullets from beyond the Curtain.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yes, there are items that can give you HP that are not the Master Rounds, they're just not nearly as common as health ups are in Isaac.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Trick Question posted:

I'm not even talking about permanent health ups, I'm just talking about health. Granted, health ups aren't really more valuable than straight health in this game.

While red hearts aren't nearly as prevalent as they are in Isaac, you definitely get them as drops and from certain items in Gungeon.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I think you're drastically overemphasizing how many times you've gotten hosed over in Gungeon vs how often it happens in Isaac.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I thought it would only do that with a -accuracy item, not by default.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The synergy between Shade's Revolver and Smiley's Revolver is double max ammo capacity and 50% larger magazine on both guns. Unfortunately it doesn't actually give you any more ammo to go with that increased cap so it's not as useful as it could be.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I think the cop might come back if you just leave the floor without talking to him.

Unless they changed it since I last played, this is correct. If you don't talk to the cop he'll recover next floor.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

FAT BATMAN posted:

All these challenges are really bad, except the overcursed one. But since your chances of running into any opportunity to curse yourself appear to be random, how about we see a run where you just don't get hit by any bosses? I don't like all these suggestions for challenges that would limit his ability to show off all the items in the game, which I find fascinating.

Actually, once you kill the past with a character there's a guaranteed option to get high curse on any future runs with that character, so it's not as random as it could be.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Xarn posted:

One is enough? I found it after I killed all the pasts, but didn't try it in the meantime. Also I don't mean just using that, I mean using that and then pushing the curse higher. :v:

As far as I'm aware it starts appearing for any character you have killed the past for, yeah. You don't have to kill all of them to start using it. And yeah, I'm aware of what you want him to show off, it's just that it's pretty likely you'll come across at least one other curse up on a run (any curse past that doesn't really make things any more interesting).

Xarn posted:

At some points you literally cannot progress without dodge roll

Speaking of, does anyone know if the Gunsling King can still give a "don't dodge roll" challenge on one of those rooms?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The issue with turning enemies into chickens is that they don't drop anything. And until they made mimics immune to it this included them as well.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

New weapons include the wind up gun from Futurama, (fast fire, really slow reload, but it plays "pop goes the weasel" so net gain) a so called "charge gun" (lightning rifle, looks like a battery, seems like a good drop) and a camera, (which seems to do nothing. You can charge it and the screen will flash, but it seems to do little to no damage. I would almost believe it is an emergency blank, but I didn't live long enough to test.)

New enemy seems to be a living key that when killed, drops a key. Possibly useful

None of those guns are new to Supply Drop. The camera just does a small amount of damage to all enemies in the room and knocks them back. It also slows down bullets.

The enemy is new to Supply Drop, though.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

It's also called the Face Melter, not the Face Mashed. Supply Drop did make it a better gun than it used to be, though.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Ayndin posted:

Did Scruffy forget to get the Bullet that can Kill Time that run? Would that have caused problems after beating the Lich if so?

You only need the Bullet if you're going to kill a character's Past. Bullet Hell doesn't care if you have it or not.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Supply drop has made this game much more charitable, I think that the devs took their critics' words to heart

What Master Rounds has Scruffy turned in so far?

I think he's only turned in the first, as he hasn't finished fixing even the first elevator yet.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

You only get the mission if you pick up the armor items in the tutorial's secret room and talk to him with them on. You only have to do this once to be able to find Blockner with any of the characters.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

There are a lot of items that seriously increase the power of single shot weapons.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The Sling + Double Vision absolutely chumps most bosses, including the Lich, in my experience. It's only real purpose is to kill bosses, actually, since it does 2.5x damage to them compared to using it on anything else.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Tendronai posted:

Killed all the pasts now :c00lbutt:

Only took me 186 deaths, so there's hope for all the other bad players out there.

All the pasts, or all the pasts for the starting characters?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Double Vision is better if you're dealing with ammo problems, as it's a straight 2x damage. Gun Friendship is 2x RoF, +30% damage, -70% reload time, and 10x knockback. It is a significantly bigger DPS increase while active but drains your ammo significantly faster.

However, another thing to consider is that Double Vision recharges in half the damage that Gun Friendship does, so you can use it far more frequently.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, before it was reworked the flavor text was just flavor (I believe). Now it does approximately 2d6 * 1.3846 + 2 damage each shot.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Also it's worth stealing when you can, even if only to unlock the item you get from stealing enough things.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

As far as I'm aware you can't get the same gun multiple times on a run, even in co-op.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Vexrm posted:

So the poo enemies now seem to drop corn? That pops when you shoot it?

Does it do anything else? I didn't notice that before.

Those little corn guys have a chance to spawn when a poopulon is killed. They don't do anything.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Vexrm posted:

Don't do anything is great! I assume they will block a bullet, but that's not a big deal.

Yeah, they'll block a shot or two. Otherwise they just wander around and be one of the oddly cute things in this game.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Cog and Rad stack, yes.

Also, scruffy, you keep calling the Dark Marker the wrong name.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

So...Protip: Don't open glitchy chests

I don't know what the actual chances of seeing one are, I'm guessing low. Like 1% kind of low. It's a bad time.

On the contrary, everyone should open every glitched chest they find.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Does glitched include rainbow? Because rainbow chests kick rear end

No. Glitch chests are a very specific thing and are immediately obvious when you see them.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

dscruffy1 posted:

I've played the game for 150+ hours and seen one glitched chest. I've seen three or four rainbow chests.

They're really rare is what I'm saying. Super rare.

Wiki says 0.1% chance per chest to appear in the Keep of the Lead Lord, the Gungeon Proper, or the Black Powder Mine. Rainbow Chests are less likely to spawn on a per chest basis (0.0333% normally, plus an additional 0.001% chance on top of that for room rewards), but they can turn up in more places so I think that makes them less rare overall.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Sjs00 posted:

Have we seen an item that ups rate of fire?

Potion of Gun Friendship does while active. Spice does as well on the second use.

senrath fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 1, 2017

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Curse also has a separate effect of raising your chance to get ammo drops on room clear, so things don't get too bad on that front.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Xarn posted:

I think blood brooch actually gives you half heart per bunch of damage dealt, not as a chance per kill.

Yup. Half a heart per 1200 damage done by the player.

Incidentally having the brooch also reduces the Trick Gun's reload time. :bloodborne:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

What's the maximum number of guns you can carry in your inventory?

Uh, theoretically one of every gun in the game, although you'll probably have to cheat to get that many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

vdate posted:

I don't believe positive modifiers are implemented yet!

This is correct.

• Locked thread