Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yknow, I always wondered why there was never a straight up flamethrower in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Spudd posted:

Ohhh Heckblaster is a reference to Earthworm Jim's gun, I don't know if you mentioned that in the video. God thinking about that show/game takes me back.

What did you think all the 'Groovy's were about?

Edit: I actually am not keen on the HBlaster as a weapon. Too short a range, not enough damage, not enough knock back. But combined with some passives it can be something else. I think I had a run with it and flak bullets. I remember that being an experience.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Previously, nothing happened.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Aw, I was so hoping you were the lead part.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Not only can you transmogrify big enemies with the wand weapons, you can also transmogrify the Grim Reaper invulnerable guy.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Cannon is by far the most 'chore' boss. He's really unfun to fight.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Why doesn't this game have a gunblade in it?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Is there an unlock for a cursed run?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Now, can the game be played in this quasi-isometric form?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

LashLightning posted:

It was only then that I had a sudden, horrific clarity on Old Man Rubel's ravings. Dimensions beyond rational bullet thought - not only the mundane height and width, but bizarre depth. This monstrous knowledge immediately took toll on my mind as even the very walls of the Gungeon around me took an altogether sinister shape, towering above me, peering down evilly from their new positions...

Look, Mr. June, I know the Darkest Dungeon LP just finished, but you can't just jump into any game unnanounced.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

What's the maximum number of gluon stones one can have?

Edit: Also, when an enemy gets devolved, does their health re-set?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 09:41 on May 13, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Geomancing posted:

I really appreciate the dead silence after you spotted the Nailgun sitting there. Is it pretty much the crappiest weapon that isn't useful for some utility purpose?

Peashooter?

Samovar fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 14, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Nalesh posted:

A run I'd suggest doing that I'm sure someone has made a mod for, a run where every single chest is a mimic :v:

There's an item which does that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

IMO Brown chests are pretty good because you usually get a bonus for opening them (like, it'll throw you some casings or a heart or whatever) The worst chest in the game is the blue chest, which has nothing but terrible weapons. At least the passives in the blue chest are good.

Hold on, the Scrambler is a blue chest weapon, and is one of the best guns in the game.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Grayshift posted:

I wish Gungeon was more amenable to modding. I was just struck by the idea of a "passive drops only" type run. Maybe start with one random gun and your sidearm, and see how far you can trick them out with mods. Could even the pilot's pistol/nailgun/lowercase r be made workable with enough passives slapped on to it?

Seeing those Binding of Isaac style gamebreaking synergies more often would be nice.

I don't think that's really possible because there's so little redundancies in the passives.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

No! You turned down the double vision + gun friendship killer combo!!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The Bullet's invulnerability to contact damage makes it best candidate for Curse runs, IMO. I do find it irritating that there's no unlock for a cursed run, tho.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm not critiquing your skills at this game, since you are v. good at it, but I know on a jammed run I'd be using other weapons besides the basic pistol much more frequently, even on early levels.

Edit: Re. the BFG; there's no need to be coy; we're all adults here.

The 'F' stands for friendly!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 26, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Samuel Clemens posted:

If you ever come across this door again, shoot it with a water-based weapon for some fun times.

What happens? (In spoilers, plz)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The fact you've seen neither hide nor hair of the last two makes me wonder if there's a bug in yer game.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I think the developers boosted the Corsair, because I used to hate it, but it's frankly a great room clearer now and, so long as you can dodge, it's great at bosses too.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

White Coke posted:

The gun is good. The penis is evil.

I'm dismayed they don't reference that in this game. They reference everything else.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I know I've said it before, but I do think this game would be a bit better if there were some redundancies in the passive items, or a greater chance of theme-ing, like what happens when you get Spice.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

You gungeoneering awful!

In all seriousness, I only managed to get the unlock through a bug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

That Railgun/Ring of Triggers combo...

Edit: You know, that's what this game is missing. the chance to make game-breaking combos.

• Locked thread