Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I always like being contrarian so I think Marvelous Marvin is going to shake it up over Kenny.

Great OP!

EDIT: Apparently there was a preview show today according to this trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jTIcMrT32Q

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Two important facts about 450B Riders

Canard is an ordained minister, and therefore has god on his side. Hasn't seemed to help so far, but maybe its time for some biblical smiting.

Barcia is the weirdest person alive, I tried to find it, but in one of the 2015 videos about one of the European supercross races Barcia is walking around a market in a black turtleneck and a public enemy sized giant silver cross around his neck. He also seems to yell a lot for no reason.

I wish Dungey was crazier.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character posted:

I just don't see what's changed from last year w/r/t Musquin or Tomac that would suggest they can consistently beat Anderson.

I don't think anything has necessarily changed, I just can't abide the molest-stache he's constantly rocking, so I choose to downplay him.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I watched the preview show last night. Feld has really got these things dialed. Slap that into the OP bruh.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Ugh

A-1 seems to always have a weird podium.

I'll sign up tonight

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Bummer. I always enjoy weirdy-beardy Barcia.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Interesting to see Weimer fill in for Barcia and not Phil!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

F the race, did ya'll see Roczen's 3 piece suit? What a nut.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I thought these were really exciting races.

Our local boy, Jimmy D lead a lionshare of the 250 main event laps, which was really cool to see. Unfortunately, it's my opinion that that happened only because
1. Reardon, a 'B' rider somehow was 2nd around the first curve, and was riding really wide
2. The big boys were fighting eachother while trying to get around Reardon

Either way, it's his best career result. He said on FB he's super disappointed though.

I felt physical pain when Dungey set up Roczen on the last lap and make a mistake. I thought he had his number.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Malcolm is back!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

God damnit kenny/anderson.

I had Malcolm sitting in 9th (just like he was for sooo long), but he must have crashed because he finished in the back. Bummer.

Jimmy D. had a good start again in the 250 main. I was really hoping he'd get around Davalos to 5th, but he (again) stuck right in 6th place. I think he's been top Geico Honda finisher though, so that's not bad at least.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I made a gif

http://i.imgur.com/Qor9rMo.gifv

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I made another gif

http://i.imgur.com/gHoOUOs.gifv

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Yeah I thought I saw a classic butt-slap kind of like a newbie trying to cross a log.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Well, I forgot to put pix in last night, but it wouldn't have mattered.

drat.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Looks like Deano found himself a factory ride. I'm not sure he deserves it, but he seems like a cool dude, so I'll allow it.

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/dean-wilson-to-rockstar-energy-husqvarna/#CJHSOHZvOt4Wfmbu.97

Also, if you haven't seen some dipshit reporter asking Chad Reed if the injury of Roczen crowned Dungey the winner for this year, I suggest you watch the press conference from last week. It's glorious.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Rumors are that Reed has been unhappy with the bike and he finally convinced Yamaha to try <whatever>.

I've always found it interesting that the 250 is so dominant and the 450 is.... less so. This is even despite the 450 winning many magazine shootouts. I wonder what's up?

I've ridden a few days on the YZ250FX which shares a lot with the YZ250F, and it's a pretty drat slick machine.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character posted:

More separation of talent at the 450 level and yamaha has olllllld chad reed and new webb vs. Dungey, Roczen (RIP), Tomac, Seely, Musquin, Anderson, etc who are all, arguably, way better riders and it's not like any of the factory bikes are bad. Like, nobody is running OEM suspension in these so who cares if the forks out of the box are better when you're putting in 5k worth of cone valves.

Not to go crazy off topic, but have you ever ran WP's with cone valves? I always wonder if A-Kit suspension is meaningful if you don't have an engineering to complete the package for you.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

builds character posted:

No, but I really want to. I've heard it's supposed to be great. I would think it's the other way around though? Suspension always helps, but other stuff is really limited by being able to put power down without falling or slipping.

I went back and read what I wrote and jesus.... I spent too much time yesterday in mathmagic land and lost my brain.

What I meant to ask is, is A-Kit suspension any good unless you have an expert to set it up for you? I would love to see some comparisons from a mag.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Anyone watching live tonight? Come to IRC!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Great races in both classes. Most of it was said in IRC, but A+.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea that was fun chattin' with you dudes and having incorrect assumptions made about my marital status. A+++ would #bieks again.

We like to get personal.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Just so you know, Jimmy D was a guest caller on the pulpMX show Monday. Poor guy doesn't have a top-5 bonus, only top-3.

Wow, that's a real bummer for him, but someone of his caliber rarely gets a factory ride, so maybe it evens out.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Entry list from transworld: http://motocross.transworld.net/new...0KByigyBBG27.97

Looks like we may see Canard and Barcia again! Maybe!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Well that was entertaining.

The best ride of the night was Aaron Plessinger in the 250 class. Great to see Marvin on the podium.

What actually happened to Tomac's bike? Did he run 10 laps without a front brake?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Deeters posted:

I just went to put in my picks and realized that this week's race is earlier. But it's not getting shown on TV until later tonight. Thanks alot, Fox Sports!

I don't have a TV service so I paid for the streaming seasons pass, and just VPN in from Chile. It works great. It also plays live, so i didn't have to wait!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Anyone got anything on the 250 East?

I'm mostly interest to see if Cianciarulo can ever come back to form before he grew 7 feet tall.

My guess is it's going to to be the Savatgy show.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Now that the 450 class is so shook-up, my heuristic approach at picks is sure to win!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

7PM show time, gonna be watching in #bieks if ya'll wanna do racechat.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Nah I think whacko zacho is going to have the red plate in Toronto.

Ugh. I want west to come back. Dakota Alix is our local guy on the east so I can cheer for someone, but because he's out back he doesn't get the TV time.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I'm trying to decide whether I'll attend Daytona live or not this year. I might be racing the GNCC the following morning at 10AM. Ugh.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I'm catching up to you punks

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Ya'll taking the wind from my sails

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I put Musquin in front because I enjoy pain.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Best part of last night: http://i.imgur.com/heBKQOH.gifv

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Tomac
Musquin
Dungey
Seeley
Milsaps
11 Canard

you were 2 points shy of winning some boots!

The 250 main event was amazing this week.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

You're right, the 250 race was really exciting. Kinda bummed for Osbourne, but if he comes back to win it, it'll be really impressive. I would have liked to see AC win again (he looked great in his heat), but it was just not in the cards. Ferrandis may be a force to be reckoned with in the coming seasons.

I loved the interview with Savatgy on the podium (2nd). He explains his washed front wheel as "the lord working in mysterious ways".

I'm super happy with this season. We haven't gone a main event cycle without one of the 250 or 450 classes being super tense.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I have ascended

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

I wonder if Reed will suffer any longer term popularity issues from (apparently spitefully) preventing the fans from having the battle they wanted.

It really took the excitement out of the race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

http://racerxonline.com/2017/04/03/chad-reed-fined-docked-championship-points-for-actions-in-st-louis

• Locked thread