Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm looking forward to this. My girlfriend got us tickets to the race in New Jersey, so want to make sure I'm still following the series by then.

Are there any good videos out there that explain how the series works? Like the different classes and heats, semis, mains, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I noticed last year that I was able to get a few good results by just copying the final qualifying order. It just sucks that you basically have to wait to the last minute to do that.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I went with
Dungey
Roczen
Anderson
Musquin
Tomac

But after that first heat, maybe I should have put Tomac higher.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I switch between Reed and Millsaps for my wildcard, and it always seems to be the opposite of who I picked.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I had a feeling coming into it that it was a race that Reed would randomly do well in, but I wasn't expecting a 2nd and beating Dungey. I wonder if Dungey is just gonna play it safe with Roczen out of the picture for a while.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I just went to put in my picks and realized that this week's race is earlier. But it's not getting shown on TV until later tonight. Thanks alot, Fox Sports!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

EX250 Type R posted:

I am the ryan dungey of fantasy supercross ama

Why are you wearing jeans with your gear?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Call me James Stewart because I never even showed up. I also would have picked Tomac if I remembered it was an early race.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Two weeks in a row now, Reed has crashed while the announcers are busy complimenting him. I need to stop betting on Reed.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Reed got fined for it.

But boy, Dungey has seemed awfully whiny recently.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

If Reed was in his prime, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him block pass him hard to get by.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Electric bikes will help with the noise, but there will still be complaints. People were mad about the "noise" from the BMX track I raced at as a teen.

Also, if we weren't spread out so far around the country, a dirt biking goonmeet would be a good time.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Or if I had a dirtbike :(

Everything is a dirtbike if you ~believe~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nlq561aT08

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I think Ken will be back for the outdoors. His Instagram shows he's got all the metal bits off his wrist, and it's looks like he's training again. I doubt we'll see him at 100% for the first race though.

This is also the longest I've been able to pay attention to Supercross too. I'm gonna be mad if Tomac or Dungey hurt themselves next week, because I want to see a good race in Jersey.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I was excited because my order was almost exact for the first few laps. I keep putting Webb in the top five.

Also, thank you weather gods for making NJ feel like summer today. Seeing the race in person was awesome.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I had a pretty good view of it. You could tell he had no idea what was going on and was just trying to make the finish line. The only thing I couldn't see from my seat was Musquin's mistake on the last lap.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The 250 series has been really fantastic. This is gonna really screw things for Savatgy

I can't remember the last time the 450 championship was down to the last race. As much as I want someone other than Dungey to win, I'd still bet on him.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Awesome seats. Did you feel watching live was worth it? I've had mixed feelings about the Daytona race. It's hard to see a lot of it.

I thought it was totally worth it. Those seats were like $50, which is about what I've payed at sports car races where I can't see anywhere near as much. I'm guessing the different tracks vary on how much you can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I went with:
Dungey
Musquin
Tomac
Anderson
Webb
Reed

But I want to see the Dungey and Tomac go down in the first corner and fight to get back.

• Locked thread