Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

this thread is now the discussion about baloogan's burger barn, ie the canadian wilderness bar&grill he's setting up with no customers at all

i know it's fun when people go in this forum and blame racsexism/russia/media yet play up the prowess of the hillary campaign at the same time but it never goes anywhere useful and this should count as general election (GE) brand salt and should be probatable

tia

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 17:36 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

if you put this post on my front steps you'd get an 'ice meltdown'

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rangpur posted:

if you put this post on my front steps you'd get an 'ice meltdown'

if you took this post to vegas you'd get a dice meltdown

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
No mods no masters

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im under two blankets and can see my breath and my feet were freezing till i farted

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
turns out i need to go make a fire lamo

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Please don't light your blankets on fire Baloogan we don't want to lose you to the cruel Canadian winter

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

mods please probate pro-hillary posts itf

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

proposal to make this into the general Baloogan FAQs thread

Baloogan posted:

turns out i need to go make a fire lamo

what do you do for heating? just fires? no central? no space heaters?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

proposal to make this into the general Baloogan FAQs thread

no plz

Pollyanna posted:

what do you do for heating? just fires? no central? no space heaters?

wood stooove

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

no plz

wood stooove

how do you control the temp of the pan when you cook on that thing??

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

you don't :getin:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Baloogan posted:

no plz

wood stooove

That's a good lookin' wood stoke, Loog.

Al! posted:

By knowing what you're doing.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

It's in binary dude

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
hope you enjoy using your tree murder machine

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Remember to account for hysteresis though

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
What do you do in winter in Canada when all the sewers are frozen solid baloogan?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Donald Trump.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i said something about this in the other thread so this is now the "ask a drunken survivalist aka baloogan" thread

or you can close the thread, idc

how long could you survive in our post-apocalyptic reality, baloogan

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
do you just sustain yourself off the land or are you the dude that bought drums of dehydrated food and stuffed it under your dining table

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

logikv9 posted:

do you just sustain yourself off the land or are you the dude that bought drums of dehydrated food and stuffed it under your dining table

He's mentioned in other threads having stowed away tons of dried stuff but who knows how lucid he was when he made those post.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

whenever someone talks about their drum full of dehydrated food i imagine one of these full of soylent

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

soylent will rot itself even when in a can though

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's mentioned in other threads having stowed away tons of dried stuff but who knows how lucid he was when he made those post.

baloogan can't sustain himself forever! sad! not a true survivalist!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i can hunt and i can fish and theres gardens here, but the growing season isn't great. I figure survivalist mode I'd hunt (and I'd cheat lamo salt lick easy mode)

ive got dry food to last roughly 6 months, more if I rationed it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
when did you last eat a fresh vegetable?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Laphroaig posted:

What do you do in winter in Canada when all the sewers are frozen solid baloogan?

ive stopped being a sewer inspector but in years past we've never let the winter stop us. Sewage is warm! neoliberal you haven't lived till you warmed yourself off the steam comming out of a active sewer

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

do potatoes / onions count? because I had boiled potatoes and onions for breakfast

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

^^ not if you boil them

Jose posted:

this is not a fair question to ask a goon

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
but do you have enough ammo and / or weapons to defend 6 months worth of crazed cannibals descending from the cities and trying to steal your food

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

do potatoes / onions count? because I had boiled potatoes and onions for breakfast

i think for this quesiton no since they can be stored a long time

how bad is your internet?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

hope you enjoy using your tree murder machine

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

where's your beans at

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

ive stopped being a sewer inspector but in years past we've never let the winter stop us. Sewage is warm! neoliberal you haven't lived till you warmed yourself off the steam comming out of a active sewer

the new york city underground steam system is really neat and you know the temps are dropping when you start seeing those little orange chimneys everywhere

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

fun fact when argentinas society collapsed the cities were safe and the countryside became a mad max hellscape where survivalist compounds all got owned by criminal gangs

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agean90 posted:

fun fact when argentinas society collapsed the cities were safe and the countryside became a mad max hellscape where survivalist compounds all got owned by criminal gangs
important part is that the people in the cities knew how to defend themselves for the most part

not sure if that's the case here!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Agean90 posted:

this is what would happen in every scenario because what keeps people alive isn't having all the right stuff around them but having all the right people

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nothing brings a communIty together like the apocalypse

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

but do you have enough ammo and / or weapons to defend 6 months worth of crazed cannibals descending from the cities and trying to steal your food

poo poo hitting the fan comes on a big spectrum. ofc I don't plan to survive if vancouver empties out and there are a million+ asians roaming the countryside eating anything that moves or grows but say there was a global bank crash, or like, all the ATM machines stopped working etc. I could survive through that, where social order doesn't get hosed too bad. Also lamo they are cnadiands i can take em

ive got ammo stored in the walls and under the floor in addition to my main cache1!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

where's your beans at

canned goods!

• Locked thread