Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

no bales of dried beans that take hours to cook smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im not a real survivalist actually

im survivalist-curious

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

important part is that the people in the cities knew how to defend themselves for the most part

not sure if that's the case here!

urban enviroments provide lots of tactical advantages

i know this from playing the division on the free weekend, mediocre game at best. bullet sponges are weird.

that and MGS

basically all i know about urban tactics is from video games and that puts me at an advantage should some cities remain intact and arent leveled by nukes
:goonsay:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

no bales of dried beans that take hours to cook smh

i got dried beans too :/
i got ~100 lbs of dried stuff

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Baloogan posted:

i got dried beans too :/
i got ~100 lbs of dried stuff
oh, carry on then

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

how bad is your internet?

satellite, takes like 4 seconds to click on something.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

oh, carry on then

why do u think my feet got warm from a fart. mothfucker im dangerous ill set off gas detectors. once inspecting a sewer we chain smoked so much down there all our gas detectors went off which was hilarious

Pigma Dengar
Nov 11, 2016
Where the gently caress is Baloogan when he plays survivalist? is it the actual wilderness or just squatting in the Muskokas and if he's alone, how often does he talk to himself?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
please do not geolocate me

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
spoiler alert: it's canada

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pigma Dengar posted:

Where the gently caress is Baloogan when he plays survivalist? is it the actual wilderness or just squatting in the Muskokas and if he's alone, how often does he talk to himself?

there isn't an address here, but there is power, on the grid. we got a couple of gennies

i phone / skype peeps alot
i am working up here, hell yeah working remote!!!

my days are like, wake up before dawn (which isn't hard this far north lamo), make fire, make breakfast, get firewood, shitpost, work work work work (atm im about to start working), stop working drink shitpost drink sleep

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

important part is that the people in the cities knew how to defend themselves for the most part

not sure if that's the case here!

the thing is you dont really need to, you just need like 3 dudes who know how to shoot, then teach other dudes who know how to shoot, and then you have what chechenyans used to pwn the soviet army and what isis used to pwn most of the middle east.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

echo!!!!

echo

echo

echo

i found you, you gently caress

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Agean90 posted:

the thing is you dont really need to, you just need like 3 dudes who know how to shoot, then teach other dudes who know how to shoot, and then you have what chechenyans used to pwn the soviet army and what isis used to pwn most of the middle east.

Yeah, remind me how that worked out for the Chechens in the end?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, remind me how that worked out for the Chechens in the end?

the chechens are still here, where the gently caress is the soviet union

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

echo!!!!

echo

echo

echo

i found you, you gently caress

duck quacks don't echo

owned

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
peckerwood!

*listens for echo*

*no echo*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

duck quacks don't echo

owned

i looked this up in the encyclopedia and instead found an entry with my photograph next to gullable

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also I saw a deer or something 4 legged in the trees a few minutes ago :3:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

geoguessr: baloogan edition

ended up clicking in russia

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i remeber that one time i was at the bottom of the grand canyon in the middle of the night and i got up to take a piss and looked over to see something looking back at me and was like "oh gently caress is that a mountain lion" but no it was a deer and was standing there looking like a dumbshit in some crouched stance like that would do something if a cougar decided to throw down with my dumb rear end lol.

Pigma Dengar
Nov 11, 2016
Last time I went into the Canadian wilds I saw three loons! Nobody can tell me those things don't take pleasure in random killing

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Baloogan posted:

the deer here are pretty numerous. the geography here allows for some small scale agriculture in an otherwise featureless blanket of forest, so the deer flock to the farm fields, and from there to the local parks and people's backyards. you could walk up and punch one in the face if you were so inclined.

a few years ago the town had to cull a bunch of wolves because they were coming in for the deer.

hunters say the town deer are also getting smaller with every generation because they're getting more domesticated or w/e.

moose aren't doing so hot, though. deer are moving further north and bringing with them some brain parasite that is fatal for moose.

plus the nearby reserve is basically a moose black hole. i think they bagged like 30 last year or something crazy.

#boreallyfe #lifeinanortherntown

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pigma Dengar posted:

Last time I went into the Canadian wilds I saw three loons! Nobody can tell me those things don't take pleasure in random killing

Back last summer three Canada Geese almost shat on me when I was out running, which I think would have made me the new Prime Minister.

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Dec 18, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we're getting the f-35 alledgely

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
aren't you lonely without the gentle touch of a woman

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

we're getting the f-35 alledgely

shouldn't this be considered an act of war

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Al! posted:

if you took this post to vegas you'd get a dice meltdown

or perhaps a vice meltdown

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Into the Wild, Autistic Edition

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A Baloogan in Vegas is called a Breen

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

nice meltdown

Pigma Dengar
Nov 11, 2016
other animals I have seen in Canada include coyote, bear and many other enemies I hope baloogan can fend off when he starts raising chickens. if he's not planning to raise chickens then he's just working from home on a holiday

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i don't want to get into the details, but yeah there are hella chickens here. dunno how they live in the cold tho.
i wake up to a rooster crowin

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
what is good canadian fast food? the only time i've been in the US i never went ot dennys or taco bell and a bunch more

Pigma Dengar
Nov 11, 2016
Build one of those chicken houses dude, its free eggs

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

what is good canadian fast food? the only time i've been in the US i never went ot dennys or taco bell and a bunch more

mcdonalds

also holy poo poo i want a mcmuffin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

i don't want to get into the details, but yeah there are hella chickens here

same

fuckin dinos

Pigma Dengar
Nov 11, 2016
New York Fries are good if you like fries I guess, and i dont know if Bourbon Street Grill is canadian or not but its good and you wont poo poo for three days after you eat it, except like 10% of the time it'll make you have to poo poo immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I have an old rear end Timberline woodstove and I have used it to cook chicken when the power went out

• Locked thread