Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im under two blankets and can see my breath and my feet were freezing till i farted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
turns out i need to go make a fire lamo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

proposal to make this into the general Baloogan FAQs thread

no plz

Pollyanna posted:

what do you do for heating? just fires? no central? no space heaters?

wood stooove

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i can hunt and i can fish and theres gardens here, but the growing season isn't great. I figure survivalist mode I'd hunt (and I'd cheat lamo salt lick easy mode)

ive got dry food to last roughly 6 months, more if I rationed it

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Laphroaig posted:

What do you do in winter in Canada when all the sewers are frozen solid baloogan?

ive stopped being a sewer inspector but in years past we've never let the winter stop us. Sewage is warm! neoliberal you haven't lived till you warmed yourself off the steam comming out of a active sewer

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

when did you last eat a fresh vegetable?

do potatoes / onions count? because I had boiled potatoes and onions for breakfast

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

hope you enjoy using your tree murder machine

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

but do you have enough ammo and / or weapons to defend 6 months worth of crazed cannibals descending from the cities and trying to steal your food

poo poo hitting the fan comes on a big spectrum. ofc I don't plan to survive if vancouver empties out and there are a million+ asians roaming the countryside eating anything that moves or grows but say there was a global bank crash, or like, all the ATM machines stopped working etc. I could survive through that, where social order doesn't get hosed too bad. Also lamo they are cnadiands i can take em

ive got ammo stored in the walls and under the floor in addition to my main cache1!!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

where's your beans at

canned goods!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im not a real survivalist actually

im survivalist-curious

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

no bales of dried beans that take hours to cook smh

i got dried beans too :/
i got ~100 lbs of dried stuff

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

how bad is your internet?

satellite, takes like 4 seconds to click on something.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

oh, carry on then

why do u think my feet got warm from a fart. mothfucker im dangerous ill set off gas detectors. once inspecting a sewer we chain smoked so much down there all our gas detectors went off which was hilarious

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
please do not geolocate me

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pigma Dengar posted:

Where the gently caress is Baloogan when he plays survivalist? is it the actual wilderness or just squatting in the Muskokas and if he's alone, how often does he talk to himself?

there isn't an address here, but there is power, on the grid. we got a couple of gennies

i phone / skype peeps alot
i am working up here, hell yeah working remote!!!

my days are like, wake up before dawn (which isn't hard this far north lamo), make fire, make breakfast, get firewood, shitpost, work work work work (atm im about to start working), stop working drink shitpost drink sleep

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

echo!!!!

echo

echo

echo

i found you, you gently caress

duck quacks don't echo

owned

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
peckerwood!

*listens for echo*

*no echo*

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also I saw a deer or something 4 legged in the trees a few minutes ago :3:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
we're getting the f-35 alledgely

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yes

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i don't want to get into the details, but yeah there are hella chickens here. dunno how they live in the cold tho.
i wake up to a rooster crowin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

what is good canadian fast food? the only time i've been in the US i never went ot dennys or taco bell and a bunch more

mcdonalds

also holy poo poo i want a mcmuffin

• Locked thread