Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
hunngghhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpLV9AMqm4

will it be as groundbreaking as the first? probably not, because it is the second

will it be cool? i hope so

pew pew pew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

im very excited for Keanu shoots more people in the face movie.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
How was the first one groundbreaking? I recall being pretty underwhelmed, Keanu looked a step slow on all his moves. :confused:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

should I watch the first it's on Netflix now

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ranma Fan Art posted:

uh i dunno do you wanna see keanu reeves going ham on some punk rear end bitches!! HELL YEAH

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

yes john wick is the most amazing movie i have seen since taken :cheers:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

How was the first one groundbreaking? I recall being pretty underwhelmed, Keanu looked a step slow on all his moves. :confused:

turns out if you pair a sexy club soundtrack w well choreographed murder scenes you get a work of art

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

it was about a guy who shot people in the face because they killed his dog do I gotta draw you a diagram?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope John Wick and Jack Reacher team up to have Jay sex.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Hoping we get either full frontal nudity or full on screen penetration, or both.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I really like JW the first until the stupid toss my gun aside honorubu fisticuffs to the death scene.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

i didnt like the bit where the dog died
i was also surprised to see liz lemon's ex boyfriend was a mob boss' 2nd in command

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

It was pretty unique for how low on cruft it was. Like, most modern action films have the big origin story, the labored exposition, the over-explaining of everything and a bunch of pointless character scenes because god dammit we paid for these actors and we're gonna get some acting out of it.

John Wick was just "Here's this dude, everyone's scared of him, he's retired and sad, oh look some dipshit killed his dog" and then 45 minutes of action set pieces. A whole bunch of worldbuilding was dropped in as casual as gently caress just "Oh hey by the way there's a secret hotel full of assassins who pay their way using gold coins and there's a lot of weird etiquette surrounding it and it's a safe haven" but none of the usual grind-to-a-halt exposition occurred, the film just assumed you'd roll with it and that is a good thing to assume and more films should trust their audience.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
John Wick did what it set out to do really really well. Club scene is pretty loving baller and it's worth watching the movie just for that scene.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i tried watching this movie like 6 times

maybe i drink too much

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wow morpheus froze everyone bnig whoop i've seen it before WOAH

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

PotatoManJack posted:

John Wick did what it set out to do really really well.

this, as simple as it is, is what makes it one of the best few movies of the past 10 years.

well, rather... most movies just set out to make money, and do that. the movie itself is more or less an afterthought.

john wick set out to be a movie, with a vision, and achieved.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Lpzie posted:

wow morpheus froze everyone bnig whoop i've seen it before WOAH

the matrix is a sick movie.

this movie is like 10x as sick.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

ruddiger posted:

I hope John Wick and Jack Reacher team up to have Jay sex.

John Wick was simple and cool. Jack Reacher was ok but seemed like it would've been a better TV series on 1980's CBS. Like, Jack needs to solve a different problem for somebody each week by shooting and running a lot, cuz he's basically a one-man A Team. John is just pissed.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

it was about a guy who shot people in the face because they killed his dog do I gotta draw you a diagram?

Equilibrium's puppy scene was pretty fantastic, so no?

Disgusting Coward posted:

It was pretty unique for how low on cruft it was. Like, most modern action films have the big origin story, the labored exposition, the over-explaining of everything and a bunch of pointless character scenes because god dammit we paid for these actors and we're gonna get some acting out of it.

John Wick was just "Here's this dude, everyone's scared of him, he's retired and sad, oh look some dipshit killed his dog" and then 45 minutes of action set pieces. A whole bunch of worldbuilding was dropped in as casual as gently caress just "Oh hey by the way there's a secret hotel full of assassins who pay their way using gold coins and there's a lot of weird etiquette surrounding it and it's a safe haven" but none of the usual grind-to-a-halt exposition occurred, the film just assumed you'd roll with it and that is a good thing to assume and more films should trust their audience.

Much more helpful. I might try watching it again on a big screen.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Gonna watch it. First movie was fun as gently caress. "... Where did you get that car?? :stare:"

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The movie was flawless except for the final hand to hand fight. Ending should have just been the cars racing each other like they did, make them crash, then a quick pow pow to the head

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
This is the dog he gets in the sequel.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
it was a good movie i really liked the low key world building with the mercenary society

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Want to see a Jon Pop movie.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
gbs told me to see john wick in theater and mad max fury road in theater. i should have listened to gbs
dont let this happen to you!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ranma Fan Art posted:

It was a decent action movie

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
John wick is a good movie primarily because they used real squibs for the gunshots

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

BigBadSteve posted:

Want to see a Jon Pop movie.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I heard that john wick actually shot all those people IRL!!!

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
John wick loving rocked and I'm already getting psyched for the sequel.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Oh it looks like he's gonna kill some dudes

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Junior Jr. posted:

John wick loving rocked and I'm already getting psyched for the sequel.

Calm down

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

givepatajob posted:

This is the dog he gets in the sequel.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my wick is fully erect

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
In the first film, it seemed like people accepted that you just don't gently caress with john wick. Theon just didn't know any better and stole his car and killed his dog. Everyone died because of it. This new one, they seem to know exactly who john wick is and they're still loving with him. It's already terrible

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Thank god they apparently only kill his house in this movie.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
John Wick came out of nowhere for me and I bought and watched it on suggestion from my GBS friends and it was loving awesome. I imagine the second one will also be awesome, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Captain Yossarian posted:

John Wick came out of nowhere for me and I bought and watched it on suggestion from my GBS friends and it was loving awesome. I imagine the second one will also be awesome, tbh

Here is Keanu Reeves praticing how to use three different types of guns (rifle, pistol, shotgun) one after each other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIgpUTvfsA

Yeah....I think its gonna be good.

• Locked thread