Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

[Cameo] Nien Nunb appears in the battle above Scarif, and his Y-wing is clipped and he loses control and spins away into space, presumed dead. This makes his sudden re appearance in RotJ all the cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

In the final scene, when Cassian says he has something important to say, he turns directly to the camera and points and says "i am your father." This is when the hard work of the theater crew pay off. Thanks to the theater's security footage, credit card info, and people's facebook photos, the protectionists have spent the first two hours of the film quickly splicing together a short montage of Diego Luna doing classic father-child things with one member of the audience in grainy super-8 style footage set to sappy music. This montage never fails to get applause, not to mention a few nostalgic tears from the chosen audience member.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
In the penultimate light saber battle between Darth Vader and C3PO a distraught man in the background can be seen sobbing over his destroyed ice cream maker, a subtle call back to the infamous Ewok death scene from ROTJ.

alnilam

Luvcow posted:

In the penultimate light saber battle between Darth Vader and C3PO a distraught man in the background can be seen sobbing over his destroyed ice cream maker, a subtle call back to the infamous Ewok death scene from ROTJ.

alnilam

3 words: Space. Food. Fight.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
my favourite part is when young han solo and c3po have to hire the help of famed detective, sherlock holmes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alnilam

the final shot, the slow zoom on the dead emperor's face and at the last second his eye springs open and then the credits roll... just chilling

vanisher

The Giant Laser Construction Union, with a vice like grip on the empire through it's lobbying and deal making, demands more and more investment to put it's workers in jobs over the course of several movies. Eventually this leads to the empires destruction as the size of the lasers and rushed construction leaves shoddy vulnerabilities, and budgeting security at the station was underfunded after the original work went way over budget.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

slap me silly
pity post

slap me silly
i haven't seen the movie yet, is it good?

MrWillsauce

spoiler alert it's bad

Plebian Parasite

Peter Quill (aka Starlord) distracts ronan the conquerer with some dance moves so rocket raccoon can make a move for his infinity stone.

Rushi

by Smythe
pod racing 2: pod harder

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

Chris Pratt: oh no, the data disk fell out of your pocket and all the way back to the planets surface!

Seth Rogan: welp, here we go again!

vanisher

MrWillsauce posted:

spoiler alert it's bad

bad to the bone (electric guitar squeal)

Plebian Parasite

*Darth Vader stands ominously over the protagonists, behind him a firing line of stormtroopers with weapons trained on the group.*

VADER: looks like your little rebellion ends here.

*suddenly a shadowy figure jumps in from off screen, using force powers to send the entire platoon of stormtroopers flying. Vader braces against the blast, but falls to one knee, shaken. He stumbles for his lightsaber only to find that the shadowy figure has already engaged his, a double sided lightsaber in each hand*

SHADOWY FIGURE: Meesa think you've made a super bombad mistake.

*cut to black*

*roll credits*

Android Blues

vanisher posted:

The Giant Laser Construction Union, with a vice like grip on the empire through it's lobbying and deal making, demands more and more investment to put it's workers in jobs over the course of several movies. Eventually this leads to the empires destruction as the size of the lasers and rushed construction leaves shoddy vulnerabilities, and budgeting security at the station was underfunded after the original work went way over budget.

the god drat laser dish lowerer's guild demanded this ridiculously unfeasible boondoggle where they lowered the dish onto an active, rotating death star and it basically bankrupted the empire

joke_explainer

vanisher posted:

I knew it!! I knew it was a rush job!! Enormous taxpayer waste what with that 4 second installation time.

Android Blues posted:

the god drat laser dish lowerer's guild demanded this ridiculously unfeasible boondoggle where they lowered the dish onto an active, rotating death star and it basically bankrupted the empire

two sides to every story I guess, but i'm glad everyone agrees it was an absolute mad idea

alnilam

Plebian Parasite posted:

*Darth Vader stands ominously over the protagonists, behind him a firing line of stormtroopers with weapons trained on the group.*

*suddenly a shadowy figure jumps in from off screen, using force powers to send the entire platoon of stormtroopers flying. Vader braces against the blast, but falls to one knee, shaken. He stumbles for his lightsaber only to find that the shadowy figure has already engaged his, a double sided lightsaber in each hand*

*cut to black*

*roll credits*

LawfulWaffle

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I thought most of the movie was okay but I'm really scratching my head at the six-minute musical number with TJ Miller dressed as what I think was supposed to be a midichlorian? It was just a little, I don't know, overly sexual to take place in the middle of an otherwise high-octane spaceship dogfight.

MrWillsauce

yeah it was out of place for sure

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Plebian Parasite posted:

*cut to black*

*roll credits*

vanisher

joke_explainer posted:

I knew it!! I knew it was a rush job!! Enormous taxpayer waste what with that 4 second installation time.

two sides to every story I guess, but i'm glad everyone agrees it was an absolute mad idea

I enjoyed your calculations in the other thread btw

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Plebian Parasite posted:

*cut to black*

*roll credits*

----------------

Farecoal

There he go

MrWillsauce posted:

spoiler alert it's bad

actually it was pretty good

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Piso Mojado

lmao

Ultra Spoot

My favorite part was when in the after credits scene (a star wars staple) boba fett is seen clawing his way out of the sarlac pit after surviving in there for months only by boiling and eating his armor and drinking his own urine. It was an especially good twist when he let out a guttural growl in defiance of death and shed a powerful close- up tear, only to trip on a sarlac tooth and fall back in.

Piso Mojado

due to a crazy time travel arc, luke actually turns out to be anakin's father

joke_explainer

Ultra Spoot posted:

My favorite part was when in the after credits scene (a star wars staple) boba fett is seen clawing his way out of the sarlac pit after surviving in there for months only by boiling and eating his armor and drinking his own urine. It was an especially good twist when he let out a guttural growl in defiance of death and shed a powerful close- up tear, only to trip on a sarlac tooth and fall back in.

The 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' theme for this seemed like an odd choice but it really worked.

alnilam

joke_explainer posted:

The 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' theme for this seemed like an odd choice but it really worked.

Plebian Parasite

Emperor Palpatine, his empire crumbling, is forced to say the magic trigger words: (Star Wars) Instantaneously, every stormtrooper's residual DNA memory activates, now they are all Jango Fett, flying around on jet packs, shooting their dual blasters everywhere, hookshotting people and ledges. Emperor Palpatine instantly regrets his descision though, as Jango Fetts careen wildly through the Death Star, ricocheting off of grey pipes and glossy black floor tiles, firing that little backpack rocket haphazardly at various control panels and glass screens with little green lines on them.

joke_explainer

Plebian Parasite posted:

Emperor Palpatine, his empire crumbling, is forced to say the magic trigger words: (Star Wars) Instantaneously, every stormtrooper's residual DNA memory activates, now they are all Jango Fett, flying around on jet packs, shooting their dual blasters everywhere, hookshotting people and ledges. Emperor Palpatine instantly regrets his descision though, as Jango Fetts careen wildly through the Death Star, ricocheting off of grey pipes and glossy black floor tiles, firing that little backpack rocket haphazardly at various control panels and glass screens with little green lines on them.

His line was something else. "And now you will truly witness: Jango Unchained! Uh, did you see that movie? It was... a little much, sure, but Christoph Waltz was good, right?"

joke_explainer

Luke: "Ah, no, I didn't see it."

Emperor: "Did you see Inglorious Basterds? He was the nazi in that."

Luke: "Oh! Yeah, yeah, I liked that one."

Plebian Parasite

Vader: Did you know that in that one scene where Leo DiCaprio smears blood all over her face, that's Leo's actual blood, he cut his hand earlier in the take and just went with it. Had to get three stitches.

Palpatine: drat, Now that is some dedication to craft.

Luke: That's gross and not cool.

Ultra Spoot

joke_explainer posted:

smoobles

there were dozens of space ships in the hangar and they managed to rogue one

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ultra Spoot

*Camera zooming slowly in on the crushed rancor from ROTJ, when suddenly.... its eyes open, dramatic reverb!*

*Starwipe to a board room full of disney execs jerking each other off, star wars overture plays*

Android Blues

Plebian Parasite posted:

Plebian Parasite posted:

Vader: Did you know that in that one scene where Leo DiCaprio smears blood all over her face, that's Leo's actual blood, he cut his hand earlier in the take and just went with it. Had to get three stitches.

Palpatine: drat, Now that is some dedication to craft.

Luke: That's gross and not cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
i haven't seen the movie yet, but i hear chewbacca actually brings his own bottle to mos eisley cantina during a cameo. anyone c/d?

• Locked thread