Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twenty Four

When they steal the ship and the control tower guy askes them for a callsign and the pilot says "Ummm.... Rogue Two?"

And the control tower guy is all "Look, I know Rogue Two, that's Jeff, and you aren't him. We go to trivia night at the cantina on Tuesdays together. In fact, Jeff is sitting right here next to me now."

"Oh, i meant... um... Rogue... um... One???"

"Checks out, Rogue One, you are cleared for takeoff!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

due to a hilarious misspelling, the rogue one sure-to-be hit and #1 broadway show was cancelled

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Moola
*Mon Mothma at the end of the film*

"When you think about it, this really was the Rogue One: a star wars story."

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I actually thought it made sense how they explained the deathstar's funcionality by showing that the interior was actually Qui-Gon's lightsabre that had been made enormous in an accident with a giant growth ray, but let's be honest, the CGI Rick Moranis was a little too uncanny valley.

alnilam

Entropic posted:

I actually thought it made sense how they explained the deathstar's funcionality by showing that the interior was actually Qui-Gon's lightsabre that had been made enormous in an accident with a giant growth ray, but let's be honest, the CGI Rick Moranis was a little too uncanny valley.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

the scene in the cantina, the Death Star cantina not the Wild West cantina where you meet the hated rogue Han Solo who grows on you...anyway, that scene with the normal stormtrooers hanging out and talking about why they joined the empire was just a little too real. like I get that's a thing that happens irl and it's a nice nod to Luke's wishes to escape the farm and qualify for the academy but that's still a bit too intense. they might as well give us a movie about darth Vader's tragic past which I'm sure they'll do at some point since it is Disney after all

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Moola
I thought the post credits scene went on a little long, I started to get a little bored after the first hour

and I guess they ran out of money because the effects got terrible lol

alnilam

Moola posted:

I thought the post credits scene went on a little long, I started to get a little bored after the first hour

and I guess they ran out of money because the effects got terrible lol

idk, the part where the theater manager character looks like she's standing right next to you and says "please leave the theater sir, or we're calling the police" was some pretty impressive 3d fx

Android Blues

alnilam posted:

idk, the part where the theater manager character looks like she's standing right next to you and says "please leave the theater sir, or we're calling the police" was some pretty impressive 3d fx

i like how they localised it as well, in the british version she instead says "oi luv, there's a bunch of kiddies wanting to come in for Pixar, and your full size r2d2 replica is taking up two seats coz of how you've laid it down as if it's sleeping". goosebumps

Moola
im actually posting from the cinema still watching my showing

Im at the continuous shot of nothing but blackness with no music, it's very powerful and hats off to them for being bold and going for such a long shot

I'm getting cold

joke_explainer

I just saw it! It was okay.

Moola

joke_explainer posted:

I just saw it! It was okay.

:agreed:

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I thought it was a weird artistic choice to have all the x-wings and tie fighters actually be shown as their LEGO versions right in the movie, but hey, marketing cross promotion is a necessary evil.

Moola
I guess it was cool of them to finally announce C3-PO's homosexuality

the sex scene between him and K2 was gratuitous though

The X-man cometh

Entropic posted:

CGI John Candy was spot on though.

FutonForensic

"Hey Jyn, you playing that new dungeon crawler game? Why did you roll a stealth class?"

"This is a rogue-like, isn't it? I rogue"

[Mon Mothma cringes]

kalel

the Picard cameo was a little on the nose

Farecoal

There he go
i think a heard a couple making out during the jar jar striptease scene

Moola

SciFiDownBeat posted:

the Picard cameo was a little on the nose

I enjoyed the 3D chess game between him and Tarkin though

Android Blues

Farecoal posted:

i think a heard a couple making out during the jar jar striptease scene

look at this guy, going to a big budget Binks Movie for the plot

social vegan

dirk Vader finishes an awkward senior year only to get pig blood dumped on him at the prom when he's announced to be queen of the dance

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I couldn't believe how much weed smoking there was in this movie.

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

social vegan posted:

dirk Vader finishes an awkward senior year only to get pig blood dumped on him at the prom when he's announced to be queenlord of the dance

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I couldn't believe how much weed smoking there was in this movie.

the vape-off between vader and saw gerrera was pretty epic tho you must admit

Doctor Dogballs

every character was getting so very high on marijuana and reefers

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

social vegan

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that, mr. Luke sky walker"

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Doctor Dogballs posted:

every character was getting so very high on marijuana and reefers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darkman Fanpage
jawas make a special appearence and thanks to scratch and sniff technology you get to smell them

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
wrong thread lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moola

social vegan posted:

"I'm afraid I can't let you do that, mr. Luke sky walker"

"Doctor"

"Mr Doctor Luke Skywalker..."

social vegan

darth vader: Luke, I am your father

luke: *gasps and turns back to vader and face to camera hand clasped over his mouth* ...I-I really wish I could quit you, now

FutonForensic

Cpt. Andor: nice sandwich, jyn--but what the hell are you doing with the mustard??

Jyn: I'm a rebel. I spread my mustard directly on the meat instead of the bread. I'm a rebel.

Cpt. Andor: *chuckling* welcome to the rebellion

Moola
*Delivery man with a space package*

I have a package for... Calrissian Endor???

*Captain Andor grumbles with an accent*

google THIS

imperial officer: we have the rebel corvette in range of our turbolasers, my lord. shall we take them?

vader: no.

officer: ...no, my lord? but any second now they're going to escape with the--

(they both watch as the ship winks out into hyperspace)

vader: (staring moodily out the window as the slow version of the imperial march plays) there is no imperial law that says a dog can't steal the death star plans.

google THIS

vader: don't CHOKE on your aspirations.

krennic: (lying on the floor, gasping and wheezing)

vader: I hope I didn't STRANGLE your enthusiasm.

krennic: (nods sightly)

vader: ............don't be afraid to stick your NECK out--

krennic: just kill me!

Plebian Parasite

The post credits scene was a lead in to ABC Family's new smash hit sitcom, Vader and Palpie.

Vader and Palpie S01E01 Pilot: Palpie invites the Ambassador from Alderaan without realizing that hours earlier, Vader atomized his planet. Can they both make it through dinner and a hilarious game of charades without letting slip that they genocided his entire peoples? Find out in this very first episode of Vader and Palpie!

alnilam

google THIS posted:

vader: don't CHOKE on your aspirations.

krennic: (lying on the floor, gasping and wheezing)

vader: I hope I didn't STRANGLE your enthusiasm.

krennic: (nods sightly)

vader: ............don't be afraid to stick your NECK out--

krennic: just kill me!

Plebian Parasite

Krennic gets back to his ship only to find that Vader has gifted him a little horse.

joke_explainer

my theory is that krennic grinned because he was like 'holy poo poo, double pun! aspiration... also means the act of drawing breath as well as your goals and dreams!'

vader doing that poo poo, and no doubt thinking about it for like days before he even showed up, was the most prequel-y thing about the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan

darth: haha dude what's mine say

luke: dude!

Luke: dude, what's mine say

darth: *somberly reflecting on all the fun they had together in the past couple days and wondering how long this charade could last* ..I'm your father

Luke: haha I don't remember getting that

• Locked thread