Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
You guys might want to bookmark all your forums directly, there's an excellent chance FYAD will spoil the movie in the forum title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

A friend of mine told me Dave Bautista is working really hard on his craft and has been taking little parts in movies just to get around good actors and pick their brains on set.

It's showing, I thought he was great. Whole thing was great, in fact. Not a bad performance in this one.

Loved this movie.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Tenzarin posted:

He was just laying down, was like a normal day for him.

Has anyone discussed the imagery around this as the snow making K one of Wallace's "angels"?

double nine posted:

guys, do you need to have seen the old blade runner to see the new one?

Oh, also is the new one good?

You don't need to see the old movie, but it helps. Blade Runner 2049 is a slower-paced, philosophical science fiction neo-noir movie with incredible world-building and visuals, so judge accordingly. I loved it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's really been incredible watching dumbshits who admit to binge-watching an entire season of some crappy Netflix show in one weekend start squirting tears about movies being over two hours long. Saying dumb poo poo like "no movie NEEDS to be over an hour and 45 minutes"...Jesus.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Sgt. Politeness posted:

but here's the deal guys, if the Director of the film says it's a literal unicorn and he put it in the film to prove Deckard's a replicant than he's a replicant.

Actually Ridley Scott's opinion doesn't matter at all. If Peter Jackson told you that Sam and Frodo weren't supposed to be attracted to each other would it matter?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

BarronsArtGallery posted:

hey man, I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. He might not be a complete imbecile, here. We might be the ones missing out on his joke!

Why do people insist that controversial opinions are only done as some kind of performance?

Let's just assume he came to his opinion honestly, and it being different from yours doesn't automatically make him a moron and you a brain genius. A good attitude to have in a discussion forum, no?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

feedmyleg posted:

It was the only bit of full-on fan service in the movie. Like a much less egregious version of the ending to Rogue One: tack on an ending that has nothing to do with the film we've watched just to give closure for a different film.

If it were "fan service" then it would have been a hell of a lot more than an old dad putting his hand on the glass while his daughter that he's not able to touch cavorts in the holographic snow. Maybe think about the context of that last shot.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I should clarify, in order to qualify there should be a diegetic reason for this type of action other than the hero being a gigantic rear end in a top hat.

Man of Steel, Batman v Superman. Apparently that's what men of steel do to each other.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Hmm I can't believe this K guy thinks he doesn't have a soul, meanwhile his girlfriend is nothing more than a ghost who can't interact with the physical world. Probably means nothing.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I wanna say that the replicant display in Wallace HQ has a Bautista replicant among its numbers, but I'm not sure.

It does.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah watch the Final Cut.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Ersatz posted:

I am definitely aware of my thoughts and experiences. I can't say the same for Joi.

P-Zombie concept, read it!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I simply don't understand how you can watch the first 90 minutes of this movie and not be asking yourself "how did this happen? Why does the city look like this? What's the deal with <this wild thing that they've established>?"

I can't help but feel that thinking "nothing happens" in the first 90 minutes is a real lack of inquisitiveness and engagement. I'm sorry if that sounds like an insult, I don't mean it as one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

They're the same. Whatever replicant tech is, it can't keep them from developing hopes and dreams and other "undesirable" human traits. If they could, all the psychological stuff and the built-in life timer from the first movie would be irrelevant.

• Locked thread